ZHL Black Pearl Golden Edition 2016

Jay

I decided to do this model due to the fact that it was my first attempt and I knew it would be a good learning experience for the next build. Investing $200 is more tolerable than hundreds more to make the same mistakes. I must say that almost everything I have done so far I would probably do a little different on the next build. As I bought this last year, the pictures I took were only for my own interest for my progress as I had never heard of a build log before. I have a muscle disease and doing rigging is a test in futility so be gentle in your criticisms when I get to it (LOL). Another reason I picked this model was that it was a fictional ship and if I wanted to make a change or was forced to because of a mistake I could without it being a big deal. The model doesn't call for LED's but I thought I would try them out. One thing I would do different is use a level or square on the bulkheads. I only eyeballed them. Turned out it wasn't a big problem except on the below deck cannon bays there was a couple of places that had to be filed down in order to fit properly.
IMG_0003 (2).JPGIMG_0004 (2).JPGIMG_0005 (2).JPGIMG_0006 (2).JPG

Very good decision to start a build log, Jay! look-like you are of a good start to build a nice model. If you have any question, please share with us. We will try to help. And yes, as you gain experience, you will work your way or as we say 'bashing the kit'.
Do the hardware of the lights comes with the kit, or you have to buy it separately?

Nice to watch this one from the start. I am also a newbie and know exactly what you mean by "doing things a little differently next time". Best of luck with the build.

I’m on my third “mistake, whoops, should-a-done differently, etc.“ build. My first build is now displayed on the Fireplace Mantel. All our visitors only see a ship rigged with sails. ONLY I SEE THE MISTAKES and DO-OVERS.

It’s all about the fun of creating and learning new skills.

Jan

Nice to watch this one from the start. I am also a newbie and know exactly what you mean by "doing things a little differently next time". Best of luck with the build.
Thanks I appreciate it.

Very good decision to start a build log, Jay! look-like you are of a good start to build a nice model. If you have any question, please share with us. We will try to help. And yes, as you gain experience, you will work your way or as we say 'bashing the kit'.
Do the hardware of the lights comes with the kit, or you have to buy it separately?
Thanks, I actually didn’t start out to do a build log, just wanted to take a few pictures of my progress. To answer your question about the lights, I bought them from a company called Evan Designs.

I’m on my third “mistake, whoops, should-a-done differently, etc.“ build. My first build is now displayed on the Fireplace Mantel. All our visitors only see a ship rigged with sails. ONLY I SEE THE MISTAKES and DO-OVERS.

It’s all about the fun of creating and learning new skills.

Jan
Haha, yep, if I learn from my mistakes I am gonna do a masterpiece next time.

A little more progress. Put the half cannons in. A funny thing happened as I was was gluing one cannon into the holder the holder broke and the cannon went into Davey Jones locker and couldn’t be retrieved. I carved another cannon out of a dowel and all is well now. 160E9DA3-D4BC-439A-B5B7-CEC8E51FAC2B.jpeg5190838A-0F81-4628-BC6D-6C1BB08E4DCD.jpegF4387544-21F6-445D-A004-7D5E1D86BEBB.jpeg717CA83E-0E0A-4E26-BE02-30E201A88605.jpeg

Back