ZHL Black Pearl KML08 (Golden Version 2019)

Gidday Jay, no mate I had to purchase it from a haberdashery store the brand name is Gutermann Made in Germany its a lot stronger than normal sewing thread 100% Polyester the thickness is roughly 0.50, I also bought some black in the same and thread from Caldercraft, I didn't like the thread in the kit as it seemed to me to unravel too easy and was thicker than stated, I did use some of the black thread in the kit but substituted stated thickness it uses in a different area of the ship than what the manual suggested, hope this answers your question.

Gidday Jay, no mate I had to purchase it from a haberdashery store the brand name is Gutermann Made in Germany its a lot stronger than normal sewing thread 100% Polyester the thickness is roughly 0.50, I also bought some black in the same and thread from Caldercraft, I didn't like the thread in the kit as it seemed to me to unravel too easy and was thicker than stated, I did use some of the black thread in the kit but substituted stated thickness it uses in a different area of the ship than what the manual suggested, hope this answers your question.

Thanks Hoffy. Looks great. I agree about the rigging plans, initially a head spinner but luckily no tall ship experts are ever gonna come to my place. Looking forward to your next project.

Having following Epicdoom's build of the Pearl with great interest I've decided to post a Build Log of the same Ship, although I have found that kit I have is an updated version, two things I've found different is 1. The cabin door facia becomes the front wall of the cabin ie no bulkhead behind it. 2. The hidden gun ports line up to bulkheads properly that is not half way or slightly obscure of the bulkhead. As with Joes build thus far parts have fitted perfectly with minimum adjustment too no adjust needed, also the instruction manual is a little vague in parts but is easy to figure out with knowledge of my first build of HMS Jalouse so it would be confusing for a first time builder tackling this kit, some of the grammar and English words used are a little tricky.

So I will post some photos of my progress thus far up to : Keel layer down, Bulkheads install,LED wiring and lights in place,and some painting of ornamental figures,pre build of Captain cabin walls,windows etc.
So guys watch this space don't be too harsh on my build photo's or build methods all feedbaelcomed and appreciated.

Footnote:: Come back Epicdoom (Joe). All is forgivin we miss your guidance.
Hallo @Hoffy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
What is your actual project? Did you finish the Black Pearl and did you finally order the San Felipe?

Having following Epicdoom's build of the Pearl with great interest I've decided to post a Build Log of the same Ship, although I have found that kit I have is an updated version, two things I've found different is 1. The cabin door facia becomes the front wall of the cabin ie no bulkhead behind it. 2. The hidden gun ports line up to bulkheads properly that is not half way or slightly obscure of the bulkhead. As with Joes build thus far parts have fitted perfectly with minimum adjustment too no adjust needed, also the instruction manual is a little vague in parts but is easy to figure out with knowledge of my first build of HMS Jalouse so it would be confusing for a first time builder tackling this kit, some of the grammar and English words used are a little tricky.

So I will post some photos of my progress thus far up to : Keel layer down, Bulkheads install,LED wiring and lights in place,and some painting of ornamental figures,pre build of Captain cabin walls,windows etc.
So guys watch this space don't be too harsh on my build photo's or build methods all feedbaelcomed and appreciated.

Hallo @Hoffy
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Hoffy
Birthday-Cake

Back