ZHL- LE SOLEIL ROYAL 1:90 - Box Content-

Is the contents of the CD in the instruction book? I don’t have a computer to view a CD.

Unfortunately the instructions are in a pdf file.

I have not paid attention to the file size. I will try to send it to myself. If that works, I can email the file to you or a friend of yours to be printed.

You do not have a computer or
do not have a CD reader in the computer?

If you plan to buy the kit, talk with Max and request to have the file in a flash drive. They cost pennies today.

Let ne know if I can be of help.

Daniel

I am really enjoying your pictures. I notice the ZHL kit is 1:90 scale where the Sergal/Mantua kit is 1:78 scale. I also see many, many differences in the actual design of the parts for construction. It surprises me how the so called experts say this is a direct copy of the Sergal kit. It looks to me that the ZHL example is superior in many ways. Considering it cost half as much as the Sergal kit I think it is an outstanding value.

Unfortunately the instructions are in a pdf file.

I have not paid attention to the file size. I will try to send it to myself. If that works, I can email the file to you or a friend of yours to be printed.

You do not have a computer or
do not have a CD reader in the computer?

If you plan to buy the kit, talk with Max and request to have the file in a flash drive. They cost pennies today.

Let ne know if I can be of help.

Daniel
Thanks for the response. Correct, I don’t have a computer. I will let you know about the email as this is a kit I am considering after I finish the Black Pearl.

Thanks for the response. Correct, I don’t have a computer. I will let you know about the email as this is a kit I am considering after I finish the Black Pearl.

Jay, Unfortunately the file can't be send by email. Also if I compress the file will not be enough.

The only solution will be to take the CD to a good friend, pay the dinner/beers and print it. :)

Or pay to have it printed at a copy center.

I am sorry that I can't help with the issue.

Definitively I will copy the file to a flash drive because computers with CD readers are starting to be less common. And that is what I did.

Best !
Daniel

Last edited:
There are multiple differences between this kit and the Mantua Sergal kit. The scale, the instructions and the laser cut cherrywood timber for starters. Then you can clearly see the cast metal decorations and cannon barrels are better quality.
I know a few MSW members building this, as they can see value for money.

Jay, Unfortunately the file can't be send by email. Also if I compress the file will not be enough.

The only solution will be to take the CD to a good friend, pay the dinner/beers and print it. :)

Or pay to have it printed at a copy center.

I am sorry that I can't help with the issue.

Definitively I will copy the file to a flash drive because computers with CD readers are starting to be less common. And that is what I did.

Best !
Daniel
Welp, I will be looking forward to your build log.

Welp, I will be looking forward to your build log.

You better looks for PaulB and others. Mine will be in the box for many years to come.

First I will need to retire and relocate. Second assemble the shop. Third I will need to achieve a certain expertise level. I have models growing in complexity.

I couldn't avoid getting the kit now at that amazing price and after reading SOS build logs. Today I have the money and the kit is in stock. In 5-10 years.... who knows.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Are the drawings and instructions for the rigging well detailed?

I don't know because I do not plan to do the rigging.

On post #4 you can see the picture of Plan #3 with rigging details. Concerning the instructions, you better ask to the few SOS members that are building or have built this ship.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Daniel

Back