ZHL Misticque

Hi all

After looking at the forum for some time I have decided to start a building log.

But first I would like to thank Donnie for allowing me to become a member.

This forum looks like the people are very friendly and most of all they help each other out, that is what I like.

So what am I going to build, well after looking at the builds on this forum I was impressed with the ZHL kits, so much detail and it looks like the timber is of good quality.

I have settled on the ZHL Misticque model.

It should arrive in about two weeks time, so I may need some advice.

John.

Hi John

Yest it is a very friendly forum and you will get lost of advice from our members.

I have seen in person one of the ZHL Xebec Le Requin builds in person. It is of superb quality. There is another ZHL build log of the ZHL Royal Caroline that is making people very envious of and also looks of very high quality.

We look forward to seeing you start your biuld log.

Cheers
Geoff

Hi all
Thank you Geoff, Brian077 and Mike.

The Misticque was a trader but had 15 guns for protection.

Built in Marseilles in the middle of the 18th century.

She also had oars if she was becalmed.

When she arrives I will start posting.

John.

wow, thats a Xebec style of ship and looks very similar to what I am building.. I'm sure you will be delighted with the quality of the kit.

Hi John

A few of us want to be in the deck chairs in the front row and are looking forward to seeing you start the build log. Enjoy your build.

Cheers
Geoff

Hi all

Just had a look at the ZHL Misticque.

Instructions are mostly pictures.
Timber is of very good quality, laser cut parts are some of the best I have ever seen.
What surprised me was it has got pre cut planks.

The only thing is the decorations are wood and have to be painted gold.
But hey it was not that expensive.

All in all very good value for money, 10 out of 10.

Now I will see if all the parts are in the box.

John.

neptune post_id=23094 time=1506648123 user_id=4734 said:
G'day John have you got a link to where you bought it, I cannot seem to find anything,

best regards John.

Hi John, got it of the ZHL site it was the only one left, may be that is why you cannot find it.
When I looked the other day it had gone off the site.

Regards
John.

Hi John,
hope you can upload some photos of the kit contents for us please.

You are correct about the planking, its all pre tapered and shaped spilled planking and no other kit manufacturer in the world features this.

Back