Солей Рояль - Soleil Royal

Quarterdeck — a platform or deck in the aft part of a sailing ship, one level above the waist, where the captain usually was, and in his absence — the watch or guard officers, and where compasses were installed. On military vessels – a place in the middle part of the deck, where all official ceremonies (parades, meetings, etc.) are performed.
Later, the "quarterdeck" was called part of the upper deck of a warship from the mainmast to the mizzen mast.DSC_0512.JPG
DSC_0514.JPG
DSC_0515.JPG
DSC_0516.JPG

Last edited:
The design of chicken coops "Built-in" they can be called conditionally: almost always the chicken coop could be pushed out from under the niche where they were hiding. Well, to clear the deck of droppings. Because of the same litter, the chicken coops had legs and a lattice bottom. The grid at the bottom was such that the egg would not slip through. It would be possible to make a simple polyk, but then the eggs would be in the litter. The front grille is not a grille at all, but slits formed by bars. Birds stuck their heads through these cracks and drank water from drinkers. The drinker was a wooden trough at the bottom of the cage from the outside, separated by partitions - so that the water would not "create a wave" when rolling or pitching and would not splash out.
DSC_0540_compress70.jpg
DSC_0535_compress38.jpg
DSC_0543_compress30.jpg
Screenshot_20221215-024018.png
Screenshot_20221215-024153.png

Last edited:
Boxes for ZIP lanterns and other utensils had lids on top and a variety of configurations. Some of the hatches were oblong to accommodate scrapers and mops, which cleaned the lanterns from soot. Large hatches usually talked about the location in this place of bottles with a combustible mixture based on blubber and wax, etc. Wicks and candles were also stored here.DSC_0542_compress45.jpg
DSC_0549.JPG
DSC_0547.JPG
DSC_0546.JPG
However, the chicken coop is on the ship
To make the chickens run more, small pieces of rags and hay (from goats, horses and cows, which were also carried on the ship on the battery decks) were placed on the lattice bottom of the polik. In these improvised nests, wooden painted decoy eggs were laid, marked so as not to confuse. Roosters and chickens were not kept together. It is believed that in close quarters, the rooster pecked chickens for the sake of living space. The cockerel was usually kept almost like a parrot, in comfortable conditions, at large, and he was with the officers and lived with them.

Last edited:
Boxes for ZIP lanterns and other utensils had lids on top and a variety of configurations. Some of the hatches were oblong to accommodate scrapers and mops, which cleaned the lanterns from soot. Large hatches usually talked about the location in this place of bottles with a combustible mixture based on blubber and wax, etc. Wicks and candles were also stored here.View attachment 346242
Wow! I never realized this area was built for chickens. I always wondered why the upper deck was so close to the deck below.

On the eve I made crambols, knits to them. In order not to leave this topic, I made a cut-block and tried to make a binding. The three-piece block was ordered for Ali. I modeled the iron edging from wax and gave it to the foundry. It turned out to be stainless steel, processed on the turbine with diamond borons, and polished. I am happy with the work, there is another block ahead
DSC_0561.JPG
DSC_0565.JPG
DSC_0575.JPG
DSC_0581.JPGDSC_0584.JPGDSC_0583.JPG

Last edited:
A penter beam is a powerful beam equal in length to the maximum width of the tank. This bar was designed to transfer anchors to a horizontal position ("taking on fish") and laying them on the riverbed.
The penter beam was wound up at one end into a bracket on the deck and rested on the side of the forecastle, between the toptimbers, on the upper gunwale. Since the load is large, then,, a pillow made of solid wood was placed. Like the fif-reels, the pillow was black, not removable.Screenshot_20230101-024158.pngDSC_0608.JPG
DSC_0609.JPG
DSC_0612.JPG
Screenshot_20221228-131004_compress16.jpg
DSCPDC_0002_BURST20221231031221958_compress83.jpg
DSC_0614_compress57.jpg

I made a hatch - this is the galley skylight, rooster necessarily made the hatch coamings simple, did not have any lodgments for cores around the perimeter.
in a storm, the hatch was closed with a canvas. I installed ducks for attaching canvas.
Planned the galley pipe. In fact, the chimney of the ship's furnace had the shape of a truncated pyramid. A pipe was put on the chimney, the bottom of which was made in the form of a pyramid, and the top was cylindrical. The pipe was removable. This made it possible to turn the exhaust from wind or water spray, and also allowed to clean the chimney of the furnace. There was a round removable cover on the exhaust for stormy weather.DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG

The first superstructure from the bow of the ship is the fore-castel, also known as the Fordeck or forecastle. What elements and additions I made during the construction of the Soleil Royal ship from Deagostini on a scale of 1:78.DSC_0038.JPG
Front, side and rear releng or fif – reels-drift or bulwark. I made the heads of drift tom timbers and the heads of the regel head.
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0078.JPG
Between the head of the headboard of the headboard and the first side tom-timber, a pulley-gat is installed for the cat-beam hoist or for rustov.
DSC_0079.JPG
At the level of the second gun port, I made a pillow for the penter beam.
DSC_0080.JPG
On the deck of the fort Castella, I highlighted the first and last beams. These beams had a sheet pile (quarter) for deck decking boards. That is, the deck flooring boards once did not cover the beams of the superstructures.
DSC_0081.JPG
It was on the last beam of the tank that I installed the rear rail of the tank with a bell tower. The eight bitengs are grouped four on each side by horizontal lower and upper reels bars. They support the bitengs of the knits that are already on the deck flooring.
DSC_0075.JPG
DSC_0065.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
The deck flooring was made of wooden maple slats. Traditionally, belts were made of other types of wood, in particular oak, on French decks. I highlighted these belts with wooden strips made of pink pear. The dark belts of deck boards are carlings protruding at the level of the deck flooring – longitudinal power elements made of dense wood. The deck flooring was made of wooden maple slats. Traditionally, belts were made of other types of wood, in particular oak, on French decks. I highlighted these belts with wooden strips made of pink pear. The dark belts of deck boards are carlings protruding at the level of the deck flooring – longitudinal power elements made of dense wood. As a rule, eye bolts were installed in these belts.
DSC_0031.JPG

I installed a hook for the penter beam, there were two of them, one on each side. These lugs were mounted on frame bolts, they are movable and lay on the deck deck. The ring bolts were long, they passed through the beams of the operdeck, because the efforts on the penter beam were large.
DSC_0084.JPG
I installed a galley skylight with a roaster grille. I made hatch coamings without lodgements for cores. Ducks were installed on both sides of the hatch. During a storm, the hatch was covered with canvas, ducks helped to fix the tarpaulin on the grate.
DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Hello colleagues. Recently I 've been working on the stern of the ship .In parallel, he worked on the illumination of superstructures and aft lanterns. I put the stern on glue .now there is nothing that does not slow me down and I will be engaged in roughing .
IMG_20230128_211704_721.jpg
IMG_20230128_211704_694.jpg
IMG_20230128_211705_075.jpg
IMG_20230128_025637_469.jpg
IMG_20230128_211705_194.jpg
DSC_0033.JPG

Last edited:
Back