Солей Рояль - Soleil Royal

Additional illumination by the aft section of the deck is the poop; the superstructure above it is the poop. Inside this superstructure, the cabins of the commanding staff were traditionally located. The backlight is simple 6 12V LEDs and two lithium batteries (tablets).

Last edited:
Work on the case.
I am currently working on the hull of the ship, or rather preparing for the rough skin. After filling the spatula with balsa and partially peeling it off, I found this problem. I am not satisfied with the contours of the hull in the bow of the ship. I think this is another surprise from Deagostini. The contours of the body can be clearly seen from afar, for example, look from the side, where the line is clearly outlined. These lines from different sides determine the shape of the ship's hull. The bow part should be different from the stern part as they perform different tasks. The aft part has various devices, for example, a rudder, which ensures the maneuverability of the vessel, the bow part must solve other tasks, so that the vessel does not break into a wave... According to the first photo of my ship, the contours of the hull are almost identical. And this can be seen in the form of a sinkhole in the bow.
. I don't want my ship to have such contours either. I will strive to rectify this situation. And by the way, there is something to focus on. Here are these photos #3,4. That's why my next video is dedicated to this particular problem. God help me and of course my cat Grey and the wonderful Depeche Mode band.

InShot_20211224_002609293.jpg
DSC_0670.JPG
Screenshot_20211224-002359.png
Screenshot_20211224-002413.png

Attachments

• InShot_20211224_002624805.jpg
    InShot_20211224_002624805.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 7
Work on the case.
I am currently working on the hull of the ship, or rather preparing for the rough skin. After filling the spatula with balsa and partially peeling it off, I found this problem. I am not satisfied with the contours of the hull in the bow of the ship. I think this is another surprise from Deagostini. The contours of the body can be clearly seen from afar, for example, look from the side, where the line is clearly outlined. These lines from different sides determine the shape of the ship's hull. The bow part should be different from the stern part as they perform different tasks. The aft part has various devices, for example, a rudder, which ensures the maneuverability of the vessel, the bow part must solve other tasks, so that the vessel does not break into a wave... According to the first photo of my ship, the contours of the hull are almost identical. And this can be seen in the form of a sinkhole in the bow.
. I don't want my ship to have such contours either. I will strive to rectify this situation. And by the way, there is something to focus on. Here are these photos #3,4. That's why my next video is dedicated to this particular problem. God help me and of course my cat Grey and the wonderful Depeche Mode band.

View attachment 277905
View attachment 277906
View attachment 277907
View attachment 277908
What do you propose to do about it?

What do you propose to do about it?
I changed the shape of the first four frames. I made additional inserts glued to the end surface of each frame, filled the space with balsa. It remains for the grinding machine to work and that's it. I warn photos of my colleagues, that's what the case of the box looks like if done according to the instructions of the magazine.InShot_20211225_215016661.jpg
InShot_20211225_214933230.jpg
InShot_20211225_214733657.jpg

Yo-ho, rookies! Here is our old vessel 2021, finally caught up with this new shining ship with a tiger on the flag! And let Neptune urinate on the one who misses him! We have run out of grog for a long time, and the holds of 2022 are full and waiting for looting! It's time to gut him in search of profit and let everyone find everything he needs: dating, travel, credits and awards, new achievements and, most importantly, time to achieve all his goals! And there's plenty of time in these holds, by the Dutchman's anchor! A thousand devils, put aside the talk, it's time to capture this frigate.
Hey, crew! On board! Hang the rats on the yards! No one will leave us in the ocean of Life! Happy New Year!
DSC_0727.JPG
DSC_0717.JPG
DSC_0718.JPG
DSC_0719.JPG
DSC_0721.JPG

Last edited:
Hello, colleague! Happy New Year! . Here is a photo from 140 Deagostini magazine . Apart from the decor of the gun ports, I don't see anything else. And this means there will be no more decor. And here is a photo from Plast colleagues. Set of Heller company. There is of course a difference. Of course, I myself will not be able to make such a decor, so my imagination and what Aliexpress suggests I did. Perhaps when there will be a finishing something will change, time will tell.

DSC_0765_resize_93.jpg
Screenshot_20220104-123719_resize_45.jpg
DSC_0011_resize_24.jpg
DSC_0010_resize_83.jpgDSC_0008_resize_0.jpgDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0756_resize_70.jpg
DSC_0760_resize_27.jpg

In Russia, the subscription to the magazines Soleil Royal from Deagostini has already ended. During the construction of the ship, I left the instructions. Therefore, my Soleil Royal turns out to be completely different. I got a lot of changes in the direction of the truth (without mistakes made by Deagostini). I got all the decks, made the illumination of the same decks. Now I want to pay more attention to the gon-deck deck. I want to install cannon carriages and much more in small things.
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0020.JPGDSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG

In Russia, the subscription to the magazines Soleil Royal from Deagostini has already ended. During the construction of the ship, I left the instructions. Therefore, my Soleil Royal turns out to be completely different. I got a lot of changes in the direction of the truth (without mistakes made by Deagostini). I got all the decks, made the illumination of the same decks. Now I want to pay more attention to the gon-deck deck. I want to install cannon carriages and much more in small things.
View attachment 280715
View attachment 280716View attachment 280717
View attachment 280718
It’s truly amazing how much different all the versions look! It’s hard to recognize that these ships represent the same ship as my ZHL model.

Please forgive me my questions if it is not appropriate. Looks like you are heavily concentrating on decorations and internal work. Do you plan to finish the hull with a finished layer of planks? I think the more you decorate, the more difficult it will be to work outside the hull without damaging existing decoration.

I made the anchor biteng, the material is pear, I made the CABAL, it remains to make the shterty. Caballing is the <infinite> end, which in the bow of the vessel passed through two blocks installed in front of the anchor biteng. In the caballing, at a short distance from each other, the sterns were splashed - short thin ends; the caballing was laid near the anchor rope and the sterns were attached to it. The anchor rope was not directly applied to the spire, since on large ships it had a diameter of 6 inches (152mm) and was too rigid, the anchor rope was selected by caballing and placed in a rope box in a large bay.
DSC_0291_compress66.jpg
DSC_0314_compress25.jpg
DSC_0317_compress52.jpg
DSC_0301_compress20.jpg
DSC_0302_compress12.jpg

DSC_0316_compress23.jpg

DSC_0305_compress68.jpg

DSC_0306_compress94.jpg

DSC_0315_compress72.jpg

DSC_0318_compress7.jpg

DSC_0303_compress71.jpg

DSC_0322_compress64.jpg

Fellow modelers, hello! I continue to work on the Soleil Royal case. I am engaged in gun ports and filling the deck of the gun deck (gun carriages, anchor biteng, spires). slowly, but surely, on my full initiative (and what does Deagostini have to do with it). However, deep down in my soul I have a desire to start building a real ship with drawings, as they say, from scratch. I've always wanted to build a model ship the way a real ship was built.One way or another, but I came to the idea that it's time to make an Admiralty model. I will not dwell on the issues of choosing a model, searching for drawings, scouring the Internet. I chose a Spanish ship, a 34-gun frigate of 1789 called Mahones on a scale of 1:36.Such a strong desire to build that I purchased ready-made drawings from the publisher ANCRE. Although its construction has not yet begun, there is still work with the drawings, the selection and purchase of firewood, the purchase of machine tools, this project is long-term.
There is almost no information about this ship on the Internet. The frigate "Mahonesa" belongs to a series of six twin frigates of 34 guns in the port of Mahon on the island of Menorca, had the names "Mahonesa", "Esmeralda", "Diana", "Venganza", "Ninfa", "Proserpina". These frigates stood out for their good navigation characteristics and the beauty of their contours. They were considered the best of those that the Spanish navy had in the 18th century. The model of this frigate, stored in the Maritime Museum of Madrid, has disappeared, but there is a good model of the frigate "Diana" of the same series.
Screenshot_20220306-014806.png

Screenshot_20220304-085936.png
Screenshot_20220304-085951.png
Screenshot_20220304-085944.png

Fellow modelers, hello! I continue to work on the Soleil Royal case. I am engaged in gun ports and filling the deck of the gun deck (gun carriages, anchor biteng, spires). slowly, but surely, on my full initiative (and what does Deagostini have to do with it). However, deep down in my soul I have a desire to start building a real ship with drawings, as they say, from scratch. I've always wanted to build a model ship the way a real ship was built.One way or another, but I came to the idea that it's time to make an Admiralty model. I will not dwell on the issues of choosing a model, searching for drawings, scouring the Internet. I chose a Spanish ship, a 34-gun frigate of 1789 called Mahones on a scale of 1:36.Such a strong desire to build that I purchased ready-made drawings from the publisher ANCRE. Although its construction has not yet begun, there is still work with the drawings, the selection and purchase of firewood, the purchase of machine tools, this project is long-term.
There is almost no information about this ship on the Internet. The frigate "Mahonesa" belongs to a series of six twin frigates of 34 guns in the port of Mahon on the island of Menorca, had the names "Mahonesa", "Esmeralda", "Diana", "Venganza", "Ninfa", "Proserpina". These frigates stood out for their good navigation characteristics and the beauty of their contours. They were considered the best of those that the Spanish navy had in the 18th century. The model of this frigate, stored in the Maritime Museum of Madrid, has disappeared, but there is a good model of the frigate "Diana" of the same series.
View attachment 294746

View attachment 294743
View attachment 294744
View attachment 294745
good luck with the Mahones

Back