“La Jacinthe” Schooner France -1:42 scale

Norway

For a huge job, do you know how many nails it is together?

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

You are making a great nailing pattern on the hull, and we can see, that you follow here the given by Jean Boudriot.
Following the location of the different frames. Also correct at the ends of planks at the joints.

excerpt from ancre drawing

Very good work in detail and in the general appearance of your hull - Congratulation

Norway

Kortes and Uwe, great way and make lines to mark where the nails should be. I didn't notice the pencil jig to begin with, thank you.

Kortes

You are making a great nailing pattern on the hull, and we can see, that you follow here the given by Jean Boudriot.
Following the location of the different frames. Also correct at the ends of planks at the joints.

View attachment 80973
excerpt from ancre drawing

Very good work in detail and in the general appearance of your hull - Congratulation

Dear Uwe. I corrected this mistake later. You have a photo of the brother of La Jacinthe - Topaz , a great model.

Jimsky

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

I didn't kept count in the process of buiding, but approximately there are 3700 treenails.
That is a lot of treenails!! How many hours did it take to nail them? One more question, the trenail head will be flush with the deck (заподлицо с доской обшивки) or you will leave the head?

Norway

Great job you've done Kortes, so many nails, reasonably tired at your fingertips?, nicely work, thank you shows.