1/12 scale Alfa Romeo 8c 2300 roadster build log [COMPLETED BUILD]

I took pictures of what the finished kit should look like according to Italeri (taken from the instruction booklet). Here is a comparison of Italeri's take versus mine.View attachment 372703View attachment 372709

View attachment 372705View attachment 372707

View attachment 372704View attachment 372708

View attachment 372706View attachment 372701

You might have noticed that I included the spare tire which would have been on the original car but is not present on my ref car. I find the design of the spare wheel support interesting with it's leather straps. I did modify it so it is removable. It's held in place with 2 small pins at the bottom and a magnet at the top.
View attachment 372710
View attachment 372711
I love model cars especially well built. Yours is superbe. If I had more time, I'd probably try to make one, all I can do is admire

Thank you WojtasS, if you liked this one, I'm sure you'll like my next build also. If everthing goes to plan, it should be even more detailled than the Alfa.
Here is the link to it's build log. Not much done yet but it will give you an idea.

Congratulations also from my side - great result

I'm new here on this site and very glad I found it. Especially this blog! I enjoyed it very much and love the end result.
Last year I bought this kit and made a cautious start with replacing the spokes. Not very satisfied with the result I put the kit aside.
After reading this blog I saw the light and now I'm in business again.
Francois, you build will be my guideline but I realize that my skills are not so developed as your's.
Thank you voor de nudge ;)

Hello everyone, I finally finished the Alfa today. Applied the custom decals and did a bit of exhaust fumes. Here are a few new shots. I'll try and take more pictures soon so it can finally be but in the showcase.
20231010_213308.jpg20231010_213418.jpg
I'll be presenting it, along with a few other of my models including the "in progress" Bentley Blower at a local model show. I'm curious to see how it will faire up.

we are crossing all fingers for a success in this event - please show us some photos to get an impression....

Best of luck! I'm sure your Alfa will be in the running for Best of Show !
You need to point them to this thread so they can see all the custom work you have done on this model !

GOOD DAY FRANCOIS, MY NAME IT IS THE SAME AT YOUR, NO COMMENT, JUST ENJOY TO LOOK E FILLED UP
MY EYES, EVERY PICTURES HAVE A STORY, AM BORN IN MILAN, MY HEART IS " CUORE ALFISTA"
( HEART ALFISTA ) PEOPLE WHO LOVE ALFA ROMEO. THANK FOR SHOW YOUR TIME AND YOUR WORK.
ciao
FRANCESCO DACCO'
time 8,45 am-SOUTH AFRICA
Best of luck! I'm sure your Alfa will be in the running for Best of Show !
You need to point them to this thread so they can see all the custom work you have done on this model !

Maybe you can modify some thingiverse engines. Two 4 cylinders properly scaled with a connected crankshaft would make life easier. I was considering this option for other models. I would use petg silver filament, it comes out almost ready. Hope it helps
Hallo @Lubebosch
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I'm new here on this site and very glad I found it. Especially this blog! I enjoyed it very much and love the end result.
Last year I bought this kit and made a cautious start with replacing the spokes. Not very satisfied with the result I put the kit aside.
After reading this blog I saw the light and now I'm in business again.
Francois, you build will be my guideline but I realize that my skills are not so developed as your's.
Thank you voor de nudge ;)
Hallo @Lex Jassies
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back