Planset review 1:48 planset by Gerard Delacroix - 24-prd French frigate "L'Egyptienne" built in Toulon in 1799 by François Caro

Hallo Raymond,

to get a closer view on this planset, which is btw one of the best I have every seen, you can take a look at our Planset Review of the Egyptienne. Here you will find also a detailed Look Inside of the Book and all the plans which are pert of this monograph

Hello Uwe,

I've just placed the order for the planset L'Egyptienne and I am quite anxious to see it first hand. I am unsure how long shipping will take for me to receive it here in Puerto Rico. All I can do now is entertain myself with the last bit of chores before my New Year's resolution to finish my Victory cross section.

Warm regards,
Raymond

Hello Uwe,

I've just placed the order for the planset L'Egyptienne and I am quite anxious to see it first hand. I am unsure how long shipping will take for me to receive it here in Puerto Rico. All I can do now is entertain myself with the last bit of chores before my New Year's resolution to finish my Victory cross section.

Warm regards,
Raymond
You made a very good choice with ordering this Egyptienne monograph
It is one of the most detailed planset for me the best by Gérard) , and in addition in my opinion one of the most attractive frigate - and really big for a frigate
Did you order it in the normal scale of 1:48 or even in 1:36?
I am crossing the fingers, that you will get the planset as soon as possible, and I hope to see the start of your building log once you studied the docs...... I would love to follow a building log of one of my favourites ......

You made a very good choice with ordering this Egyptienne monograph
It is one of the most detailed planset for me the best by Gérard) , and in addition in my opinion one of the most attractive frigate - and really big for a frigate
Did you order it in the normal scale of 1:48 or even in 1:36?
I am crossing the fingers, that you will get the planset as soon as possible, and I hope to see the start of your building log once you studied the docs...... I would love to follow a building log of one of my favourites ......
Yes Uwe, she really looks amazing. I ordered the plans at scale of 1:48 and will build her once I complete my Victory. My plan is to study all the documents and determine if 1:48 will be ideal or try to get the plans reduced in size. I am thinking maybe reducing it 25% to 50%.

I will be honest with you, I hope it will stay at the size I ordered so that I may compare it to the Victory's cross sectional size.

Raymond

Yes Uwe, she really looks amazing. I ordered the plans at scale of 1:48 and will build her once I complete my Victory. My plan is to study all the documents and determine if 1:48 will be ideal or try to get the plans reduced in size. I am thinking maybe reducing it 25% to 50%.

I will be honest with you, I hope it will stay at the size I ordered so that I may compare it to the Victory's cross sectional size.

Raymond
Hallo Raymond - very good decision with the 1:48
we made once a discussion about the size of this frigate, so please take a look at this post and the following

and I made a photo at this time comparing the Egyptienne with the Saint Philippe

IMG-3538.jpg

Hallo Raymond - very good decision with the 1:48
we made once a discussion about the size of this frigate, so please take a look at this post and the following

and I made a photo at this time comparing the Egyptienne with the Saint Philippe

View attachment 272351
Hello Uwe,

I did see the size of both L'Egyptienne and Saint Phillipe and it is amazing how quite large L'Egyptienne really is. You quoted that L'Egyptienne in length is 1.28 meters in scale which for me is approximately 50.39 inches. The length of the Victory is approximately 55 inches which for you is approximately 1.40 meters. So you see, L'Egyptienne is quite repectable in size.

Warm regards,
Raymond

Last edited:
My L'Egyptienne planset finally arrived. I will divide my efforts between Victory and L'Egyptienne. I will work on each of them on a weekly basis alternating between them. This week is Victory while next week I will start on the L'Egyptienne's frames seeing as there are quite few of them.

Raymond20220104_152116.jpg20220103_173504.jpg

My L'Egyptienne planset finally arrived. I will divide my efforts between Victory and L'Egyptienne. I will work on each of them on a weekly basis alternating between them. This week is Victory while next week I will start on the L'Egyptienne's frames seeing as there are quite few of them.

RaymondView attachment 280993View attachment 280994
As I know, that you build the Victory as a main mast section model, will the french frigate also a section, or the complete ship model?
The L'Egyptienne is one of my favourites and also a small dream to build once in scratch......
BTW: are the two drawings in the same scale? As I know, and we already discussed, the french frigate was a very long vessel.....

As I know, that you build the Victory as a main mast section model, will the french frigate also a section, or the complete ship model?
The L'Egyptienne is one of my favourites and also a small dream to build once in scratch......
BTW: are the two drawings in the same scale? As I know, and we already discussed, the french frigate was a very long vessel.....
Hello Uwe,
Yes, both drawings are at the scale of 1:48 which means that L'Egyptienne is a very large frigate. I have decided that L'Egyptienne will be a full build. My Admiral may become quite upset with me but as long as I ensure that I remodel her kitchen, I believe I may be safe (please pray for me).

Raymond

Hello Uwe,
Yes, both drawings are at the scale of 1:48 which means that L'Egyptienne is a very large frigate. I have decided that L'Egyptienne will be a full build. My Admiral may become quite upset with me but as long as I ensure that I remodel her kitchen, I believe I may be safe (please pray for me).

Raymond
My prayers will be with you - and also I will cross all my fingers and toes
I want to see the frigate growing. Blame me if necessary......... ("it is only a small frigate and not a big 100 gunner....")

Back