Planset review L'EGYPTIENNE - french 24-prd frigate - 1799" in scale 1:48 by Gerard Delacroix

Yes it does have all the rigging plans
Like Zoly mentioned already - yes the rigging plans are available, also the belaying points, list of blocks and rigging lines.....I think every thing what is necessary to build a masted and rigged model. But maybe our member @G. DELACROIX can explain in detail.

Hello,

The monograph is indeed complete, everything is planned to build a museum-type model.
Not to mention the frame part, the information intended for the development of the rigging is detailed and includes all the necessary elements.
For the text, you will find the description of each rope with its size and its course, the size of the blocks required and its specific details.
For the drawings, the drawing of each block or elements of the rigging is represented according to its size, the position on the yard, the complete drawing of all the sails with the detail of their manufacture.
You are currently working on L'Artésien, the monograph of L'Egyptienne is of the same type, "à la française", perhaps a little more complete.

GD

Here a short info made by Gérard mentioning the translation works:

Buenos dias,
En el resto de la traducción del texto de L'Egyptienne, la primera parte traducida al español ya está disponible. Esta parte tiene las primeras 180 páginas.
El resto en unas pocas semanas.
La traducción completa al italiano está disponible, así como la primera parte en inglés.
----------
Hello,
In the rest of the translation of L’Égyptienne text, the first part translated into Spanish is now available. This part has the first 180 pages.
The rest in a few weeks.
The full Italian translation is available as well as the first part in English.
----------
Buongiorno,
Nel resto della traduzione del testo de L’Égyptienne, la prima parte tradotta in spagnolo è ora disponibile. Questa parte ha le prime 180 pagine.
Il resto tra poche settimane.
È disponibile la traduzione completa in italiano e la prima parte in inglese.

Everybody who ordered the monograph from Gérard is getting directly a mail with the pdf translation in his language

Hola Gerard Delacroix @G. DELACROIX creo que hay algún problema en tu web ,no se puede entrar?

Google Translate: Hi Gerard Delacroix @G. DELACROIX I think there is a problem on your website, you can not enter?
Hallo, there are some problems with the web-Page of Gerard, but you can contact him via a personal message here in SOS or via his forum

The monograph is from now on available only via Ancre web-page:

Available with the 216-page paper brochure in English at the end of February.

@zoly99sask
in which scale ?
I guess the decision of the scale of a model of this ship will depend also on the available space in the workshop.
Unbenannt.JPG

f.e. the really big Saint Philippe (the model our friend Nigel @NMBROOK is in moment working) in the same scale:
Unbenannt2.JPG

So the hull has the same length, fully rigged the frigate is longer...... Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark

So we do not underestimate this frigate......

I think the measures are not correct. But its not the first time that the measures on the site are incorrect.
The Hull was maybe 40-45 Meters. A spanisch threedecker has 60m

I think the measures are not correct. But its not the first time that the measures on the site are incorrect.
The Hull was maybe 40-45 Meters. A spanisch threedecker has 60m
This class of frigate was really long - just checked the information given by Gérard in the monograph:

"The dimensions of the hull, provided in the official documents and corroborated by the English measurements are:
length between perpendiculars 51,97m (160 pieds), width at the centre frame 12,99m (40 pieds)......."

comparing to the Saint Philippe, a 90 gun french 3-decker we have similar length -> so the data of model lengths by ancre seems correct.
I will check and measure on the drawings

Hello,

There is no mistake on the ANCRE site, the overall length is 61.96 m from the figurehead to the skiff at the stern.
This length reduced to 1/48 really gives 1.29 m.
It should be noted that the 24' frigates are very large ships, as long as 74' vessels.

GD
Hallo Gérard,
many thanks for the clarification - I am in love with this ship (and your monograph!) -> Many Thanks once more, that you presented us such a well researched and high quality planset

Back