1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello all
I have completed the rigging of the fore topsail.
I have to say that this was more difficult than expected: installing 2 ropes and breaking 1 rope nearby. Those magnifying glasses are indeed very useful (required) but they reduce the vision scope).
Anyway, I finally made it (in about 8 days)
Below some pictures of where I stand:

View attachment 309333

View attachment 309334

View attachment 309335
View attachment 309336
View attachment 309337
View attachment 309338
View attachment 309339

Now, on to the fore topgallant sail ...
cannot be better
Hello all
I have to say that this was more difficult than expected: installing 2 ropes and breaking 1 rope nearby. Those magnifying glasses are indeed very useful (required) but they reduce the vision scope).

View attachment 309333

View attachment 309334

View attachment 309335
View attachment 309336
View attachment 309337
View attachment 309338
View attachment 309339

i AM SORRT AND NOT DOING A MISTAKE. The upper sail on the bowsprit should not be there. only one jibsail- Between fore and main mast two triangle sails.

bateau-le-Soleil-Royal-01 - copia.jpg

soleil_royal-27253.jpg

bateau-le-Soleil-Royal-01 - copia.jpg

soleil_royal-27253.jpg

20220520_141443 - copia.jpg

cannot be better

i AM SORRT AND NOT DOING A MISTAKE. The upper sail on the bowsprit should not be there. only one jibsail- Between fore and main mast two triangle sails.

View attachment 309500

View attachment 309501

View attachment 309503

View attachment 309504

View attachment 309505
Hi El Capi
Well, it really depends on what kit you are looking at
I agree that Heller or DeAgostini only show 1 sail above the bowsprit
However, Mantua/Sergal show 2
Anyway, I believe that depending on the wind conditions, she had multiple sail configurations.

Hello all

View attachment 309333

View attachment 309334

View attachment 309335
View attachment 309336
View attachment 309337
View attachment 309338
View attachment 309339

Beautiful. Lovely pics to.

thx Grant

Hi El Capi
Well, it really depends on what kit you are looking at
I agree that Heller or DeAgostini only show 1 sail above the bowsprit
However, Mantua/Sergal show 2
Anyway, I believe that depending on the wind conditions, she had multiple sail configurations.
Morning Gilbert: A you are in the Driver's seat, it is your decision, but I DO NOT agree with You. This tini Mast cannot stand for a strong wind with that big sail surface. I do not know how many Images I have but has not seen a single one with that square sail. I send you some comments last week and Images, but again into another builder -the endeavour - but anyhow I gave send You some too- further up.
This message will be one of the last messages from me. I will stop by June 1Th after 6o years of build. pity we are living in southern France and I an in southern Spain, as a lot of books, materials will go.
If interested I could buy a USB Pendrive and add a lot of info and ship by post. although in Spanish I scanned the book : architecture naval -550 pages on A-4 - I HAVE THE BOOK TOO, BUT IT IS HEAVY-4-5 KG.
please let me know

Morning Gilbert: A you are in the Driver's seat, it is your decision, but I DO NOT agree with You. This tini Mast cannot stand for a strong wind with that big sail surface. I do not know how many Images I have but has not seen a single one with that square sail. I send you some comments last week and Images, but again into another builder -the endeavour - but anyhow I gave send You some too- further up.
This message will be one of the last messages from me. I will stop by June 1Th after 6o years of build. pity we are living in southern France and I an in southern Spain, as a lot of books, materials will go.
If interested I could buy a USB Pendrive and add a lot of info and ship by post. although in Spanish I scanned the book : architecture naval -550 pages on A-4 - I HAVE THE BOOK TOO, BUT IT IS HEAVY-4-5 KG.
please let me know
What happens on June 1? I've enjoyed your comments. I do not always understand, but you do have insight from years of working on models. How can we view some of your models online? Do you have buid logs somewhere?

please let me know
Hello El Capi
Indeed, I am very interested by the book about Naval Architecture.
I do speak Spanish so this is not a real issue for me
The easiest and cheapest is that you post the scanned copy of the book on my Google Drive.
I have granted you access to a folder called "Modelisme" where you can store the scanned book
THe link is the following: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12h9WqEwdXVUeZLwsiWowLmFZpLU00tpr?usp=sharing
Let me know if you have access. You can store as much thing as you want there

By any chance, are you selling other things (like tools?)

THanks in advance

What happens on June 1? I've enjoyed your comments. I do not always understand, but you do have insight from years of working on models. How can we view some of your models online? Do you have buid logs somewhere?
Vic, El Capi has decided to stop doing model boats starting June 1st

Hello El Capi
The easiest and cheapest is that you post the scanned copy of the book on my Google Drive.
I have granted you access to a folder called "Modelisme" where you can store the scanned book
THe link is the following: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12h9WqEwdXVUeZLwsiWowLmFZpLU00tpr?usp=sharing

THanks in advance

I'd love to see some more of his work. You speak French, Spanish, and English? Very accomplished.
Please send your e-mail-el capi. will go to see my computer expert about the Google drive, as i have no access and not know it -el capi

Hello El Capi

THanks in advance
have lost your e-mail. please send it again-el CAPI

Vic
Ich spreche auch ein bisschen Deutsch
Toll! Ich bin beeindruckt! Hablo un poco de español. Je ne parle pas français. But I can read a bit of Koine Greek and Fresian and Dutch aren’t too bad if I am familiar with the text. I sometimes try, mostly unsuccessfully, to delve into the dark mysteries of West Saxon and Gothic. You, however, are much more accomplished than I in languages. I’m thinking you used them in some kind of work? I just study them as a hobby.

Back