17th Century Battle Station - HMS Mordaunt, 1:32 - DocBlake

Canoe21

Lawrence

Hello Dave , Congratulations on your Battle Station. Battle Station and the Naval Cannon took Silver Awards in the intermediate scratch built category! You sure did a nice job on these and deserve the trophy. Toni's Atalanta sure is a work of art, must have been a treat to see her in person, thanks for sharing.
Regards Lawrence

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath
Staff member
Systems Administrator II

I'm getting close to done. I installed the upper deck, pinned and glued the cannon and rigged it. Then I added the various gun accessories. The only task left is to place stanchions with a guard rope around the ladder passageway. View attachment 94240View attachment 94241View attachment 94242View attachment 94243View attachment 94244View attachment 94245
I know I am late to party on this, but wouldn't the guns carriages have a rear block and tackle to pull guns inboard when not fired?

Hi Kurt!

I made a conscious decision not to add the run in tackle to the guns. They weren't in the plans, and I hate rigging guns. I regret that decision now! I could add the tackle to the 6 pounder on the main deck but I can't get at the two nine pounders on the gun deck with the main deck glued in place, so I'll have to live with it!

but wouldn't the guns carriages have a rear block and tackle to pull guns inboard when not fired?
In addition to what Doc said, this project was really more of an architectural exercise in using new techniques we hadn't done before. We didn't really intend to build it up as a fully rigged representation. Heck, I haven't even finished mine yet... neither has Don Robinson. There will only ever be 3 like them. :)

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath
Staff member
Systems Administrator II

Its a shame your not working a kit package, I like the small diorama builds, no space for full large scale model ships.

Things like this gun station and the magazine build show the working details in large scale that people don't see or even know about.