New design 29-foot armed Longboat (1854) in scale 1:24 by Piroscaf Scale Models

For the future. Is anyone interested in pirate ships? ;)
I would be interested in cutters\tenders\lugers (one-masted, not too many artillery), preferably in a 1:48th scale. The largest vessel type would be Fregates 24\32 guns.

С Наступающим Новым Годом!! Счастья, зоровья и всех благ в Новом Году!!!

I would be interested in cutters\tenders\lugers (one-masted, not too many artillery), preferably in a 1:48th scale. The largest vessel type would be Fregates 24\32 guns.

С Наступающим Новым Годом!! Счастья, зоровья и всех благ в Новом Году!!!
Thank you for the congratulations. Likewise! Your interests in ships are the same as ours. ;)

ANY WORD ON THE LONGBOAT AND THE APPROXIMATE COSTS, I TOO LIKE THE ONES JIM MENTIONED BUT KEEP THEM RUSSIAN INTERESTING SHIPS . GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

ANY WORD ON THE LONGBOAT AND THE APPROXIMATE COSTS, I TOO LIKE THE ONES JIM MENTIONED BUT KEEP THEM RUSSIAN INTERESTING SHIPS . GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
We wanted to report all the news on the longboat in December, but the coronavirus has once again made its adjustments. I think that in January after the holidays everything will be decided.

Hello friends.

we are working on a translation the manual into English. And we are finally ready to announce the price of the kit.
275 USD or 254 EUR excluding shipping costs.

There are 20 plates in the set - 4 plates of HDF and 16 plates of quality pear wood.
In addition 2 plates of photoetching, brass wire, ropes and parts of polyurethane plastic.

The kit also includes parts for a finish stand with a nameplate, 6 pairs of oars and one carronade.

More than 450 parts in total.
The first 10 buyers and those who have previously bought our model of steam boat guarantee a discount.

Model scale - 1:24
Model length 391 mm
Model width 107 mm

The woodenkit does not contain 0.6 mm thick veneer, only planed lamellas from 1.2 mm to 4 mm thick.

Who is interested in our offer, send your order to piroscaf.scalemodels@gmail.com

The set does not include the spars and rigging, a decision on the release of an additional set will be made within two months.

01.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Piroscaf, I have two questions.
First - Is it necessary to shape each part (frames and planks) in advance during construction? Is hot water enough for the wood used?
And - What exactly do you mean "does not contain 0.6 mm thick veneer"? Should it be used on some finer parts?

Thank you,
Radek

This sounds like a very interesting kit

Maybe you can show us some more photos of the completed model, so the members can see what they at the end get......

Hi Piroscaf, I have two questions.
First - Is it necessary to shape each part (frames and planks) in advance during construction? Is hot water enough for the wood used?
And - What exactly do you mean "does not contain 0.6 mm thick veneer"? Should it be used on some finer parts?

Thank you,
Radek
1. Yes, the parts will have to be shaped with water and then heated. There is no way to do it without that.
2. No 0.6 veneer to use at all, not even from personal supplies, the kit is 100% complete with the necessary parts.

Back