900-ton wooden barque

Friday, 1st May, 2020
900-ton barque
It is now all ready for the rigging. Bowsprit/jibboom, and all three masts completed and painted. The masts are complete with their tops, crosstrees and spreaders, and the boom and gaff have been fitted to the mizzen. I also did some more work on polishing the inner base and outer quadrant moulding. The wood is now showing a much richer colouring after the application of two or three coats of polish.
Once again, very little interest has been shown in this one, execpt on Facebook, where it has been very well-received.
Base 1 (Large).JPGDSCF6625 (Large).JPG

I like the chain work on it. As my two daughters were growing up I always kept every piece of costume Jewlery that they discarded for rigging on the ships. Unfortunately they never had studded chain for anchors, that I had to buy.

Friday, 1st May, 2020
900-ton barque
It is now all ready for the rigging. Bowsprit/jibboom, and all three masts completed and painted. The masts are complete with their tops, crosstrees and spreaders, and the boom and gaff have been fitted to the mizzen. I also did some more work on polishing the inner base and outer quadrant moulding. The wood is now showing a much richer colouring after the application of two or three coats of polish.
Once again, very little interest has been shown in this one, execpt on Facebook, where it has been very well-received.
View attachment 147760View attachment 147761
Well I for one am interested! Incredibly fine work and attention to detail.
Ted

Another little charmer coming along nicely, Bob.
There's a theme going on at the moment on the NRG forum.....'whatever happened to Bob Wilson?'
I let them know you are here and doing nicely, thank you very much.

Thanks. I just looked it up on Model Ship World - Quite amusing really!:) I did not decide to concentrate on my blog or anything like that. The truth of the matter is that I was banned by their admin. I did complain about aggressive moderating not just to me, but to other members and that was my "death warrant" as far as MSW was concerned!ROTF That was several years ago now, but it is nice to know that I have not been forgotten! :p
Bob

Forgot to say that I was even blocked from their Facebook group, and my only crime there was to post some of my images of completed models on it, just with basic details. After I had put a few on, they were all removed, and I was banned from there as well! ROTF
Bob

Forgot to say that I was even blocked from their Facebook group, and my only crime there was to post some of my images of completed models on it, just with basic details. After I had put a few on, they were all removed, and I was banned from there as well! ROTF
Bob
I can only add, it was their loss and their forum diminished.

No doubt they will be reading this, and as soon as that happens, all mention of my name on MSW will disappear into thin air!:D
YEP, YOU'RE RIGHT, Bob. All gone! Whatever sin you committed has created some sort of conspiracy. I'm sad to encounter this attitude in the hobby. May be it's another one of these virus things. You never know when it'll get you next.

I concur with Bob, both of us went through the dilemma of the over-zealous moderators attempting to put inappropriate controls on what was said.
Problem was that what was said was not bad in itself.
Much nicer group of people here anyway.

YEP, YOU'RE RIGHT, Bob. All gone! Whatever sin you committed has created some sort of conspiracy. I'm sad to encounter this attitude in the hobby. May be it's another one of these virus things. You never know when it'll get you next.
It hasn't gone. I just had a look, and it is all still there! Yesterday, I saved the link so I could get back to it, and this morning the link did not work. I went direct to MSW and Shop Notes. Then onto Masting and Rigging, and it is all still there (much to my surprise).
Bob

I look occasionally, but don't post, as they would ban me again if my cover was "blown" I re-registered under a different name so I could see the "secret" parts, visible to members only! :cool: But generally not much of interest to the likes of myself:D I had not seen that part where I am remembered!
Bob

More progress on the 900-ton barque. All 10 of the furled fore-and-aft sails have been fitted and rigged. The masting and rigging, including making the masts, bowsprit and jibboom has so far taken just over 10 hours, spread over a few days. Bob

Barque 6th May 2020.JPG

Back