A new carving project: a full body figure of a ship captain in a 1:48 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

good evening dear friends

I am happy to announce that there is a new guy on board our ship - our marine carpenter is ready to work on board the ship. :D

Today I did the various finishes on the guy's face, I changed the size of the buttons (I reduced the size to 0.6 mm), I added the coat pocket cover, I carved all kinds of other areas such as the neck and at the end I applied oil and also made the measuring rod from boxwood.
20221217_220503.jpg20221217_220559.jpg20221217_220705.jpg20221217_220148.jpg20221217_220224.jpg20221217_220340.jpg20221217_220123.jpg
I admit that I love our carpenter and I really enjoyed the process, I did feel like I was creating a figure out of a block of marble/boxwood.
I wish all of us a good and blessed week:) in the coming days we will hear from Alert

I am happy to announce that there is a new guy on board our ship - our marine carpenter is ready to work on board the ship. :D
Today I did the various finishes on the guy's face, I changed the size of the buttons (I reduced the size to 0.6 mm), I added the coat pocket cover, I carved all kinds of other areas such as the neck and at the end I applied oil and also made the measuring rod from boxwood.
View attachment 346179View attachment 346180View attachment 346181View attachment 346182View attachment 346183View attachment 346184View attachment 346185
I admit that I love our carpenter and I really enjoyed the process, I did feel like I was creating a figure out of a block of marble/boxwood.
I wish all of us a good and blessed week:) in the coming days we will hear from Alert
Great resalt Shota,
He is quite a happy looking carpenter, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Stephen.

also from my side congratulations for this nice helper in the shipyard

View attachment 346179View attachment 346180View attachment 346181View attachment 346182View attachment 346183View attachment 346184View attachment 346185
I have really enjoyed watching your little man emerge. Congratulations on a great job.

Seeing your ability to build beautiful ship models , your talent continues shows up in the carvings you
make.
Nicely done.

Makes me want go out in my shop(garage) and find a perfect piece of boxwood and see if I can make a well (almost) perfect carving. I have done a few figure heads but they turned out no where perfect.

Makes me want go out in my shop(garage) and find a perfect piece of boxwood and see if I can make a well (almost) perfect carving. I have done a few figure heads but they turned out no where perfect.
Go for it, only those who dare succeed:)Thumbsup

Back