A new version of the thickness grinder

Hello
The new version of the thickness grinder is basically completed.
Fundamental changes are visible in the photos. I am currently testing and I will say that it is much better than in the previous version. Spiral wrapped machine works for a very long time. Replacing the abrasive takes about 4 minutes. In this version, I added a lid opening sensor that did not allow the machine to turn on when the lid is open. This is for safety.
Working width 100 mm, grinding height approx. 20 mm.
0.55 KW motor on the shaft approx. 900 rpm (optimal)
Weight about 13-14 kg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Wow - very impressive I must say. Very heavy duty for sure. The spiral wrap is an interesting idea. Is the user supposed to cut his/her own strips or does the unit supplied with the sanding strips? Just curious.

I know you mainly show us the protection sensor, this is very good design thinking. I want to continue your video clip, please with the sanding process.
I agree Jim. It would be good to see sheet stock being used in a video. I am interested in how you avoid ‘furrows” in the wood, as you feed in, where the abrasive bands join as they curl around the drum. I guess I am comparing this to Jim Byrnes thickness sander.

Hello
Thank you for your interest in the topic.
Soon there will be a grinding video so you can refer to the quality and performance of the machine.
You can cut the strips yourself, but I can also prepare them. I am currently looking for a good quality abrasive cloth, I am testing several types.
greetings
Roman

Hi
I have a request to you. Write what should I film? Grinding alone? . Do any other details?

Looks a very good machine.
Like to see automatic feed.
Thin wood like to see jig.
Good size. Maybe give it to master shipwright builder to put it through a test / build 1st.
I am interested in the machine. Obvious price? Compare to another US model competitor?
Very good machine, strips good idea but also sheet.
Thumbs up !

We are doing the first series.
It may also be the last one. The cost of materials in Poland is very high and currently amounts to about EUR 320.
The second problem is the number of working hours. That is why I am currently wondering about the sense of making grinders. I need to think about

it regards

Roman-ov

szlifierki.jpg

Hi. Looks good! Please put it through its paces. Video please. Good upgrades / amendments. Costs are incredible ….. Ukraine cheaper? Or ?

Hello
At the outset, I would like to apologize for the lack of contact on my part. I have pneumonia and my health has declined. I'm slowly recovering, but it will take time.
Today I sent another finished grinder to Greece.
The other two should be finished within 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I will not be making grinders anymore because the current prices of materials and electrics in Poland have gone up by over 180%. A lot of work that I have to put into each machine makes it not economical for me.
Another issue is the honesty of courier companies. I had a lost shipment to Australia and now I need to make the tool again to resend it to the customer. So, to all waiting people, I am sorry for the prolongation of the implementation, but everything will be done and shipped. Health is poor, but I am constantly trying to work for you to do my best.
regards
Roman

Wow - very impressive I must say. Very heavy duty for sure. The spiral wrap is an interesting idea. Is the user supposed to cut his/her own strips or does the unit supplied with the sanding strips? Just curious.
There are (and have bern) spiral wrapped thickness sanders typically found in woodshops. And they are usually conveyor fed. You can purchase different grits in rolls.

Back