Amati 1\250 RMS Titanic

Greetings l have this kit on the dry dock waiting for the slipway to open up. I plan on doing Panarts Victory bow section this build season. Read winter I’m from northern Minnesota. I was wondering if you did the frame corrections to the bow before planking it. was to wide on some and to narrow on others. Don’t know if you’ve seen build the titanic uk site it shows that issue and templates to correct it. also a issue by issue build log. Lots of info and links some are dead due to age of site but the site is still up I checked before posting.

You also mentioned PE walls are you using Minibrass etchings? I have them and will replace the printed cards as such. Expensive but this will be a “rivet counter” type build when I start.

Your progress looks great so far will be watching closely. Best to you. Rich.

Wow looking good. Been away for awhile so you’ve been busy. I’ve read that the template guides were troublesome. Did you run into issues with them? What’s your opinion of the eyelet “portholes”? I don’t know if I should try to source a different method or go with what’s in the kit. Just trying plan ahead. Happy Holidays btw.

Back