Amati Drakkar

Jay

When I was in Norway the Norwegian chapter of the motorcycle club I belong to gave me a model of a Viking ship, unfortunately the moving company I used to move to my current location lost the box it was packed in.

Dear @ENJAY49 ,
HAPPY BIRTHDAYBirthday-CakeBeer
we wish you all the BEST and happines
Having completed your Viking Dragon ship here is a YouTube video of the construction of a 100 footer a few years ago. There are links to following videos on the launching and naming of the boat as well as another on it's initial Labrador Sea expedition in a severe storm. Note the use of a windlass to raise and lower the boom and sail. I hope that I get this embedded link to work.

Wow, just seeing all the nice comments, (been busy), thank you all!!! And to PT for the video, one I haven't seen.

Wow, just seeing all the nice comments, (been busy), thank you all!!! And to PT for the video, one I haven't seen.
When you look at the construction video, there are two more in the right side bar "coming up" for the masting, naming, and launching, followed by one with the ship out in a storm which shows the manner of sail handling and tacking if you watch for those details. Sail On!!!! PT-2