Amati Drakkar

When I was in Norway the Norwegian chapter of the motorcycle club I belong to gave me a model of a Viking ship, unfortunately the moving company I used to move to my current location lost the box it was packed in.

Dear @ENJAY49 ,
HAPPY BIRTHDAYBirthday-CakeBeer
we wish you all the BEST and happines
Having completed your Viking Dragon ship here is a YouTube video of the construction of a 100 footer a few years ago. There are links to following videos on the launching and naming of the boat as well as another on it's initial Labrador Sea expedition in a severe storm. Note the use of a windlass to raise and lower the boom and sail. I hope that I get this embedded link to work.

Very interesting set of videos from the build to the launching and trip to New York City, USA.

Wow, just seeing all the nice comments, (been busy), thank you all!!! And to PT for the video, one I haven't seen.

Wow, just seeing all the nice comments, (been busy), thank you all!!! And to PT for the video, one I haven't seen.
When you look at the construction video, there are two more in the right side bar "coming up" for the masting, naming, and launching, followed by one with the ship out in a storm which shows the manner of sail handling and tacking if you watch for those details. Sail On!!!! PT-2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) Thumbsup Beer Birthday-Cake
Here is a brief YouTube video showing sailing of three test long boats to settle which hull to build in full size. The background song is in a Nordic language but the sailing is impressive as to the windward ability of these square rigged boats. the same windward ability was seen in a separate video that I posted on my Phoenician trade boat log which has now been put into dry dock for a 4th c BCE Greed name for the recover site north of Cyprus Kyrenia and the full sized sailing replica. Enjoy the Nordic windward ability.
Rich (PT-2)

Here is a brief YouTube video showing sailing of three test long boats to settle which hull to build in full size. The background song is in a Nordic language but the sailing is impressive as to the windward ability of these square rigged boats. the same windward ability was seen in a separate video that I posted on my Phoenician trade boat log which has now been put into dry dock for a 4th c BCE Greed name for the recover site north of Cyprus Kyrenia and the full sized sailing replica. Enjoy the Nordic windward ability.
Rich (PT-2)
Well now. . . :mad: that was last mentioned shown but here is the Viking test boats sailing one
Sorry about my elder age mind jumping the rails.
Rich

Taking a break from coppering the bottom of my 1/84 Victory, built this one quickly. I would think a good model for anyone interested in getting started in the hobby.r
Hallo @ENJAY49
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back