An English cutter half hull 1:32 by MikeJ [COMPLETED BUILD]

Today I was in the garage and I was looking for some oak flooring to mount my model on and found instead some cedar planks from when I lined the storage closet some years ago. since it was fairly thin, 3/16" and bent and cupped, I laminated some of the straightest pieces to make a mounting board. Once sanded I will stain it black to make the model stand out after I make mounting holes and glue the mounting materials inside the model, nuts and bolts. I will also be framing the back board with some more cedar, which I will leave natural. So, for now its back to making sawdust. Aloha, MikeJIMG_0846.jpgIMG_0847.jpg

Just a quick up date, The back board I made warped after being straight form almost a week. Tried to fix it but to no avail so, going with the oak again. Had vaccinated company this past few days and taking a break this next week. See you then. Aloha, MikeJ

In the last few days I've redone the backboard drilled holes, stained it and added the cedar frame. Last night bolted the half hull to the board and glued on the rudder. Now all I have to do is get a small name plate with 18th C. English Cutter #6, or something to that effect (suggestion welcomed), and sign the back. I'm giving it to my first grandchild on his first birthday in August.IMG_0858.jpgIMG_0857.jpgIMG_0853.jpgIMG_0859.jpg

Congratulations Mike, on a well-built model, a great birthday gift for your grandson.

Excellent work Mike, this will make a fine addition to your collection. Have you decided on your next project?

Congratulations for finishing this model - It is looking very good

Excellent work Mike, this will make a fine addition to your collection. Have you decided on your next project?
I've got a couple to finish like the 4 oar yawl in the top of the last photo and a dory diorama and some others first, but I've been looking at doing the Hanna by the Hahn method and or another cutter half hull with lots of extras. The Admiral wants me to do the Beagle. She is a fan of science. I also like the Avos model and Crafty sailor has barge and pinnace models too. Wow, my head is spinning. How about you? looks like you are almost done too. Aloha, MikeJ

Today I was in the garage and I was looking for some oak flooring to mount my model on and found instead some cedar planks from when I lined the storage closet some years ago. since it was fairly thin, 3/16" and bent and cupped, I laminated some of the straightest pieces to make a mounting board. Once sanded I will stain it black to make the model stand out after I make mounting holes and glue the mounting materials inside the model, nuts and bolts. I will also be framing the back board with some more cedar, which I will leave natural. So, for now its back to making sawdust. Aloha, MikeJView attachment 228853View attachment 228854
Very evenly done and will make a nice presentation on the wall. Rich (PT-2)

I've got a couple to finish like the 4 oar yawl in the top of the last photo and a dory diorama and some others first, but I've been looking at doing the Hanna by the Hahn method and or another cutter half hull with lots of extras. The Admiral wants me to do the Beagle. She is a fan of science. I also like the Avos model and Crafty sailor has barge and pinnace models too. Wow, my head is spinning. How about you? looks like you are almost done too. Aloha, MikeJ
Hi Mike, I did a scratch Beagle a few years back it was an interesting build. I think it is still posted on MSW. I am adding a few details to my cutter and should be finished in a couple weeks. I will be finishing my Ontario cross section next, if you like to do a lot of detail work this build is a lot of fun. So many ships so little time lol. Aloha Mike41.

WELL SAID BOTH MIKES, I AM STILL PROCEDING WITH MINE, LOVE THE HALF HULLS MORE, MORE, MORE, WHEEL CHAIR IN DOING SOME MODIFICATIONS AND STARTING MORE MODELING, STILL SLOW. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back