And Another Bluenose

Hi Paul. I have watched your latest post and video. A nice progress.
I saw the little bevel you made on the parts 18, as Johan mentioned. As an addition to his recommendation, some pictures.
Perhaps you have in mind so sand the outside of the hull with all the parts later on?

The bevel must be spread over a bigger part, up to the laser line above. In this picture, the area is in green/yellow:
17DEED2B-3FD5-4A5D-87E7-84BB6D172BB9.jpeg
If possible, the edge must be almost rasor-sharp for a smooth transition of the hull planks.
On this picture of mine you can see it as the darker part.
5517727F-05DF-4FF2-9531-32BCB004A853.jpeg
The frames will line up to the dark aria of the bevel. You can see it here:
4BB8694E-5321-4691-9E9A-52A39425AF48.jpeg
The hull planks must have a smooth transition from the deadwood of the keel, over the bevel to the lower points of the frames.
When you have the frame in place, you can sand it smooth.

And about the amount of glue: use as less as possible. When placing the frames over the keel you will now notice that the width of the 3 parts of the keel has probably become too wide for the gap between the tooth of the frame bottom. Be careful with those tooth, the can snap off quickly by some pressure.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
She's coming together real nice, Paul.
For the rough beveling of the frames I used a fixed Dremel support, so I could use both hands to hold and control the frames. Still a precarious operation.

Last edited:
Very good progress Paul. The frame looks superb, and it looks like you got the transom spot-on. Remember that when the framing the complete is complete, you have to show us a "Cathedral Shot" - it is compulsory in the Bluenose Group Builds! ROTF

SANDING, SANDING and then some more SANDING
I made some different shaped sanding blocks, including a cylindrical one made from a small paint roller, and after fitting all the spacers I started on fairing the ribs, inside and out, what initially seemed as a mammoth task, however once started I don't think it will take that long and it is coming along nicely. Although fitting the Keelson came before the spacers, I left the Keelson out for now until I get the sanding finished.20220920_080236.jpg20220920_080251.jpg20220920_080314.jpg

SANDING, SANDING and then some more SANDING
I made some different shaped sanding blocks, including a cylindrical one made from a small paint roller, and after fitting all the spacers I started on fairing the ribs, inside and out, what initially seemed as a mammoth task, however once started I don't think it will take that long and it is coming along nicely. Although fitting the Keelson came before the spacers, I left the Keelson out for now until I get the sanding finished.View attachment 329418View attachment 329419View attachment 329420
You are doing a fine job, Paul. This stage takes a lot of time, but it pays back when you start te planking.
Regards, Peter

Hi Paul.
I have just come across your build so decided to go back to the start and read through it.
You are doing a really good job on this build, and I also like the videos.
I find your build log is excellent combined with the videos I have found it very interesting.
I only wish I had a model making budget as I would love to make this kit.
Keep the updates coming.
I am now following with great interest.

Back