Anteo Harbour Tug. Panart [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very good looking fender - maybe a little bit too new and unused, but this will change with the time..... :cool:
Thanks Ewe, Yes it looks new but my wife wouldn't let me cut out a more worn area from the middle of the room

Very creative solution @Ken ! The texture of the carpet backing is spot on. It looks really good and just like the real thing.
Great work and thanks for sharing.
Dirk
Thanks Dirk, I think as modellers we sometimes need to get inventive

Good morning, thanks again for your continued interest and likes.

Today I’m showing you some more of the deck furniture, this time the barrels which I believe were used as marker buoys in the 1930s. They are made from turned wood, I sealed, primed and painted them, the cap is a nail head. I put a small amount of black wash on so that they didn’t look a starched white then tied them to the rails. I think they take away the plain look around that deck area and add to the character.

I hope that you don’t mind me mentioning it here, I was going to build a ZHL Misticque next but have changed my mind so I have listed it in the for sale section at less than half price.

179.jpg

182.jpg

194.jpg

197.jpg

Wow, those "eye candy" details are great. Your tug is going to make a wonderful display.

Jan
Hi Jan. Thanks for your thumbs up. That’s the look that was aiming for, I didn’t want a subtle or dull model but one that would shout and get noticed, hence my colour scheme and use of brass, I think that it will certainly get comments when displayed.

Good morning. I’m almost at the end of my Anteo build, only a bit of tidying up to finish off, thanks for following and for your likes.

I’ve completed the stand, a simple cradle but it suits the model, I think that I’ll add a brass name plate to finish it off. I made it from an old discarded piece of wood that I recovered from a skip, after cleaning I used part of it for my HMS Blandford and the part left I used for Antio.

On the other pictures you will see a boom with its support, the ships bell, some railings, the mast with lights, the funnel ladder, a sort of awning frame around the wheelhouse, a searchlight and all of the rigging.

I’ll do a final photo shoot and a short summing up to finish my log of this very enjoyable build.

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

193.jpg

195.jpg

191.jpg

198.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. I’m almost at the end of my Anteo build, only a bit of tidying up to finish off, thanks for following and for your likes.

I’ve completed the stand, a simple cradle but it suits the model, I think that I’ll add a brass name plate to finish it off. I made it from an old discarded piece of wood that I recovered from a skip, after cleaning I used part of it for my HMS Blandford and the part left I used for Antio.

On the other pictures you will see a boom with its support, the ships bell, some railings, the mast with lights, the funnel ladder, a sort of awning frame around the wheelhouse, a searchlight and all of the rigging.

I’ll do a final photo shoot and a short summing up to finish my log of this very enjoyable build.

View attachment 449367

View attachment 449368

View attachment 449369

View attachment 449370

View attachment 449371

View attachment 449373

View attachment 449374
Good morning Ken. She is beautiful. Us modellers are a strange breed, always on the look out for scraps of decent wood somewhere ROTF. I agree the simple, bevelled stand fits your Anteo classically. Cheers Grant

Hello fellow modellers, welcome to my final post on my Antio build and thank you for following, it's encouraging when other modellers are looking over your shoulder.

My first impression of this kit were a bit mixed, inside the box was mainly white wood strip and ply, all the fittings were in a plain cardboard box, not the presentation that one expects these days. I started but wasn’t initially overly enthusiastic about it. First impressions are important as they set the initial tone of the build, but how wrong I was as this turned out to be one of the most enjoyable models that I have ever built. The plans were excellent, they left you in no doubt what you needed to do and in detail how it was to be achieved, no ambiguity to stress you out like Chinese kits, it was just old school building the only difficulty being the pressure that you put on yourself to get perfection, it was quite therapeutic to build. Antio is not a supper finely detailed model like many of the sailing ships shown in member’s logs but I have grown to love its lines and functional simplicity and at this scale it has real presence. I think that I’ve successfully achieved the look that I set out to create and couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

So now the final pictures, I wasn’t sure how to photograph it so I’ve just shot it from all directions and included the lot. Enjoy.

I’m now at a complete loss as what to build next.

207.jpg

208.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

220.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

225.jpg

Last edited:
I have followed this construction log from the beginning, I really liked how you did it, it entertained me and it also turned out great. Thanks for sharing. I love it.

Reactions: Ken
Hello fellow modellers, welcome to my final post on my Antio build and thank you for following, it's encouraging when other modellers are looking over your shoulder.

My first impression of this kit were a bit mixed, inside the box was mainly white wood strip and ply, all the fittings were in a plain cardboard box, not the presentation that one expects these days. I started but wasn’t initially overly enthusiastic about it. First impressions are important as they set the initial tone of the build, but how wrong I was as this turned out to be one of the most enjoyable models that I have ever built. The plans were excellent, they left you in no doubt what you needed to do and in detail how it was to be achieved, no ambiguity to stress you out like Chinese kits, it was just old school building the only difficulty being the pressure that you put on yourself to get perfection, it was quite therapeutic to build. Antio is not a supper finely detailed model like many of the sailing ships shown in member’s logs but I have grown to love its lines and functional simplicity and at this scale it has real presence. I think that I’ve successfully achieved the look that I set out to create and couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

So now the final pictures, I wasn’t sure how to photograph it so I’ve just shot it from all directions and included the lot. Enjoy.

View attachment 450560

View attachment 450561

View attachment 450562

View attachment 450563

View attachment 450564

View attachment 450565

View attachment 450566

View attachment 450567

View attachment 450568
A absoluut great model with nice details, Ken. A result to be proud of.
Regards, Peter

View attachment 450560

View attachment 450561

View attachment 450562

View attachment 450563

View attachment 450564

View attachment 450565

View attachment 450566

View attachment 450567

View attachment 450568
Good morning Ken. If there were standing ovation emojis I would send you a whole row. Wonderful. Cheers Grant

Hi Ken,
WOW! I blinked and you have finished your Sopwith and Anteo. Both very impressive looking models.

My own modelling efforts have somewhat floundered at the moment - I could do with some of your dedication and enthusiasm and hopefully I will get back onto my Cutty Sark. I was just looking at your retro log of the Royal William, I have the same problem, big model, small desk. Just manoeuvering the hull around is a task unto itself without banging the prow or stern on something.

Sorry we have not popped round to say hello yet. We have not been up your way much this year on our bikes and have only managed a couple of quick there and back runs to the marina - mainly because of the bad weather we seem to be stuck with this year! Hopefully we'll get a run of decent weather and we'll head up your way. I have been showing my wife the pictures of your builds and she is very impressed (it was her that got me into the ship modelling in the first place!).

Dom.

hopefully I will get back onto my Cutty Sark. I was just looking at your retro log of the Royal William, I have the same problem, big model, small desk. Just manoeuvering the hull around is a task unto itself without banging the prow or stern on something.

Sorry we have not popped round to say hello yet. We have not been up your way much this year on our bikes and have only managed a couple of quick there and back runs to the marina - mainly because of the bad weather we seem to be stuck with this year! Hopefully we'll get a run of decent weather and we'll head up your way. I have been showing my wife the pictures of your builds and she is very impressed (it was her that got me into the ship modelling in the first place!).

Dom.
Hi Dom. Thanks very much for your comments, they were much appreciated. Yes I do build pretty quickly, I can’t help myself, I need to see progress even a small amount every day otherwise I get annoyed with myself. I’m afraid that quantity doesn’t always mean quality, they’re not as good as many that I see on the forum but mostly they come out ok. By the way the work that you show looks pretty good to me. Perhaps when the weather eventually gets better we will get to meet up. Ken

Back