Anteo Harbour Tug. Panart [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello, Again thanks for your likes, I shan’t name those members individually but a collective appreciative thank you.

Today’s post shows the rope winch barrels made up and painted. I’ve shown the plans which are self explanatory so I don’t think more info is needed.

114a.jpg115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

Hello and thanks for visiting my Antio log.

Today I’m showing quite a bit of progress, nothing is difficult just pretty basic modelling, but huge fun so I’m putting in the time. I’ve made up and painted three parts, the large vents, the deck hatches and the stanchions/bitts, only the vents are mounted permanently the parts fixed to the deck are temporary as I’ll need to invert the hull when I get around to painting it and they would likely get damaged. I’ve shown the plans for making these parts so I don’t think any explanation is needed, so just on to the pictures, lots of them.

117c.jpg

117a.jpg

117b.jpg

122.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

118a.jpg

119.jpg

127.jpg

118.jpg

Good morning from the UK. and thanks for joining me.

A little more progress, this time it’s the life rafts. The frames were made up from laser cut ply and the rafts were from vac formed plastic. These you cut out from a sheet and glue the halves together, at first I thought that they were a bit flimsy and wouldn’t make up well, but once the halves were glued together they were surprisingly strong and fitted very well. I’ve made up some small brass clamps for when I permanently mount them on the deck. This kit continues to please me and I’m glad that I chose to build it.

130.jpg

131.jpg

133.jpg

137.jpg

Hello, Thank you for taking an interest in my build, and thank you again to those members who have commented and given their likes.

The build is still coming along nicely and without any stress, the plans are good, all that I need do is interpret them to my way of building. Today I’m showing how I made up the top rail, this was probably the most difficult part of the build to get right. The rail is 8mm x 4mm, it is made up from straight lengths of wood which at this size is very difficult to edge bend to get a curve, at the same time towards the front it has a sharp upwards curve. The same strip of wood is to be used for the stern, they would have you make it in several sections a bit like a hexagon, but when you sanded it to a curve you would narrow it and would see all of the joins through the varnish, not very satisfactory. I decided to cut the stern section from a 4mm sheet of ply, I hoped that staining would mask the ply edge and thankfully it worked well enough. I made up the forward part of the rail using 10mm wide strip then once in place I sanded it to a slight curve which gave me the correct 8mm width. The upward curve which at the same time had an inward curve I made up from several layers of thin 12mm width planks, each being easily bent, I again sanded them to the required curve and width. I had been soaking and bending the main length of rail for about a week, a little more each day, using a hot air gun to get them steaming, eventually I got them to hold the necessary curve before finally fitting. I sanded, sealed, stained and varnished to finish, I was very pleased with the final result, it turned out better than I’d expected.

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

138.jpg

141.jpg

140.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

146.jpg

Brilliant! That cap rail looks fantastic so the extended effort was well worth it, Ken!
Hi Paul, Thanks for your kind remark. You’ll understand that when you see what needs doing unless you give it your best shot you’ll always regret not having a proper go, it’s sometimes only a little extra work but often easier than you think it will be.

Hello, Thank you for taking an interest in my build, and thank you again to those members who have commented and given their likes.

The build is still coming along nicely and without any stress, the plans are good, all that I need do is interpret them to my way of building. Today I’m showing how I made up the top rail, this was probably the most difficult part of the build to get right. The rail is 8mm x 4mm, it is made up from straight lengths of wood which at this size is very difficult to edge bend to get a curve, at the same time towards the front it has a sharp upwards curve. The same strip of wood is to be used for the stern, they would have you make it in several sections a bit like a hexagon, but when you sanded it to a curve you would narrow it and would see all of the joins through the varnish, not very satisfactory. I decided to cut the stern section from a 4mm sheet of ply, I hoped that staining would mask the ply edge and thankfully it worked well enough. I made up the forward part of the rail using 10mm wide strip then once in place I sanded it to a slight curve which gave me the correct 8mm width. The upward curve which at the same time had an inward curve I made up from several layers of thin 12mm width planks, each being easily bent, I again sanded them to the required curve and width. I had been soaking and bending the main length of rail for about a week, a little more each day, using a hot air gun to get them steaming, eventually I got them to hold the necessary curve before finally fitting. I sanded, sealed, stained and varnished to finish, I was very pleased with the final result, it turned out better than I’d expected.

View attachment 447374

View attachment 447375

View attachment 447376

View attachment 447377

View attachment 447378

View attachment 447379

View attachment 447380

View attachment 447381

View attachment 447382

View attachment 447383
I had a lot to read to catching up your build till now, Ken. A lot of nice details and some very nice riveted bulwark plates.
Regards, Peter

Reactions: Ken
Just catching up on your updates from the last 2 weeks and I'm impressed @Ken .
Very clean & professional build and the detail make the ship look amazing.
Eager to see more & thanks for sharing this.

Back