Anyone know when Amati Victory will be available?

Right on the money Marteen

Manufacturers must feel safe with tried and true model choices, another Bismarck ? or how about another Hood ??

I understand how the Victory has been overused as a platform for different scales, but for whatever reason, the author chose this model to recreate on a larger scale.
I am sure that some of it might have to do with the readily available documentation, live ship on hand for research, and other materials.
It is my understanding that JoTika's HMS Victory (Caldercraft) was leading the pack as far as the best Victory to buy, and then possibly the DeAgonstini version as well. For whatever reason, it remains to be a very popular model for newcomers and veterans alike. And again, some of it is familiarity. I remember back then, I would not choose some model that was not familiar, but chose something easy to identify with. Now, that I have 'some' experience, I find myself wanting the more esoteric models that are not as common. It is called 'branching out' to see what all is there.
The reason why I am leaning towards this one is the larger scale. However, it remains to be seen if I actually get to buy this kit as I have other projects I am about to endeavor on. But, it is worth my interest at least.
Also, all the members here have a different budget and some can afford without a blink, while others have to save their pennies, while others can only window shop. I fall into the category that I have to make my money count. If I buy an expensive kit, then I have to stay committed to this one kit, as I cannot afford to buy a 'stash' as they say.

Hi, I think for a lot 'kit' ship builders, the Victory is seen as the ultimate goal, it tickles a special fancy due to its history, bit like a Sopwith camel or a Spitfire. For some reasons it speaks to the child in us

Like Donnie and many others , I have no stash of kits nor unlimited funding. Its one at a time for me if I'm lucky.

Fortunately I have the CC Victory kit and bought it 5 years ago when the AU dollar was high and I had saved up for a few years a Victory slush fund.
I intend to start it after the Alert.
I'm still a spring chicken at 63 so I figure whilst i still have the capability and a few builds under my wing I'll start.

The price of a Victory is never going to go down. I d say, if you really want a huge Victory get the current CC kit. Its a monster and really is amazing. You will not be disappointed

The size difference from the CC 1:72 to the Amati 1:64 is 1.38 m to 1.65m that's 5'4 vs 4'6' or a foot longer, higher, wider etc.

So its a wife pleasingCautious 5ft x 2 case in the house or an even more wife ingratiating :mad:6ft x 3 case in the house. ( Which is going to cost almost as much as the kit.)

The only benefit is you will have several years of building to convince her its good thing ROTF(As if). The bad side , the space you will need to build it.

I can see why Admiralty builds are the latest fashion, with little space need for the final kit and more to a case.

So save up and wait for a few years or save up and buy as soon as possible. either way it will go up in price. Its a major investment in time and effort either way. A 1st rate is a huge task and as Donnie would attest with Trinidad and I with the Santa Ana .

I'm sure you'll enjoy every moment ( well nearly every moment).

CC say 3.500 hours min for their kit.

That's at 8 hours a day 87 weeks. With most of us at 2 hours a day that will be 250 weeks at 7 days a week or 5 years approx commitment.

Last edited:
Interesting video. Many Thanks to Zoly to share this with us
I do not know how you feel looking at this video, but for me there is in moment no "WOW"-feeling, especially because of the deck.
It is looking in moment so "clean", it is looking like there is no deck planking
- for me it has in moment the touch like "out of the box of a plastic kit". But this really my personal subjective impression
Interesting will be, that this Victory will fit extremely good to Agamemnon, Diana etc. and all the others from Jotika in the same scale

It'd say its a pre-kit mock-up, there are no high details parts, the figure head crests at the front are minimal as is the decoration at the back, no netting in side railing, and no decoration above the cannons. No rigging of deck cannons etc. In no way would I take this as the final product. Besides if James is still writing the manual and has pre-production kit, it cannot be the final version. I doubt very much that CW would have designed it like this, nor Amati cutting that may corners. To do that to Victory would be sacrilegious! and certainly would not win over any model shipwrights. I'd only use as a rough guide as to size and whats to come.

Back