Armed Virginia Sloop 1768 - Model Shipways - scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I started to build the Armed Virginia Sloop in 2007, here are the pictures of the build, bulkheads installed, false deck glued in and planking has been started.

What is your reaction and results with the wood keel vice that I also ordered but was disappointed in what I receive for what I was expecting in terms of quality. I can see that for smaller ships it may work but I wonder if it is stable enough to hold anything other than for photos and possbly not the athwartships pressure in planking. Good photo prop use though.
Thanks for your reply as it is sitting on the floor right now, unused, while a plastic/metal strip and hull vice from Ages of Sale Shop, Mantua MA 8155, looks more like the value for the cost and usability.
PT-2

HI PT, HAD ONE NOW IN THE TRASH, JUST NOT GOOD AT ALL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE DON
Unfortunately your experience is what I anticipated even without using it. Maybe good for kindling or wood and parts for other needs in the future as I typically save everything for later. . . much to my wife's dismay!

ME TOO, I SAVE ALSO USLESS BITS AND PIECES WHEN NEEDED CAN NOT FIND THEM, WILL WADE THROUGH JUNK UNTIL I HAD IT THEN JUST THROW, THROW AWAY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

I started to build the Armed Virginia Sloop in 2007, here are the pictures of the build, bulkheads installed, false deck glued in and planking has been started.

Side question about the wood keel clamp device. I bought one but didn't think that would be stable enough to really use other than to hold a build for photos. Too many rotating joints without sufficient grip. Also not anything close to a stable base with the dowel into a base hole. What did you do to stabilize that? I have ordered an aluminum tube type from MicroMark that from catalog appearnces looks much more serviceable. I really don't like buying what I cannot put my hands onto. PT-2

Here is link to homemade keep clamp from Doc Blake.

Very Nice... Amazing ... My interest is in Early Colonial and Pre Colonial Spanish, French, Dutch, English and Colonial built ships. Again Very Nice.

Back