Artsenia Latina HMS Bounty 1783

Hi all,
well my initial plans were to build the ZHL Black Pearl scenario kit, I was just about to place in my order on the weekend when !!!!!!
I decided to visit one of the local Hobby shops I hadn't been in a while.. turned out to be a kid in a candy store situation LOL
to my surprised, most all other shops have 2-3 kits, this store had about every Bilings kit available, some Artsenia and a few Mamoli kits.. Ohhh as well as other RC kits.
turns out they had a few good winter deals, My attention was caught on the Bounty and Billings NORSKE LOVE. the guys at the shop were cool about opening the kits up so I can look at them..
the Artsenia kit has more details and work versus the Billings kit, and I was a little disappointer with all the plastic parts in the Billings kit, beautiful kit by the way, just the plastic didn't do it for me. so I grabbed the Bounty :-D
as for the pricing, the black pearl I want , with the exchange rates, shipping and duty fees, it would run me up at a little over 850$ for parts 1-2 and 3..
the Bounty came up to about 500$ still not a cheap kit, but for my first kit after being away for quite a few years, this one seems like fun, not too many cannon ports to deal with.
The kit also seems to be just a single planking without the thin second planking ( so I'll have to take my time and make it right) LOL
Been reading instructions, looking at plans and soaking up so much good info here that I can't wait to sit down and start the assembly.. looking forward to many more ships if possible, so many nice ones..
On another side note, my good long-term RC friend , we got talking and he gave me the ship he started years ago but lost patience.. it's the exact one I had made , the Artsenia HMS Endeavor .... the hull has 1/3 rd of the second planking done and the upper decks.. the only issue is, he said the box has been knock over a few times and he doesn't know if all the small pieces are there, they seem to be all over the inside of the box.. maybe I'll give it a shot later once I compare the parts list to see what's missing, or just use materials I might need for mine ??? will see. but for now, I'll concentrate on my Bounty..
I'll be back soon 81088with pictures as this projects gets started and hopefully finished with a respectable ship to show for..

Steph

Hi Steph,
May I suggest you start your own build log? This way if you ever have any questions we can possibly help, and most important - we can learn from your work, Win -to-win situation! :cool:

Hi Steph,
May I suggest you start your own build log? This way if you ever have any questions we can possibly help, and most important - we can learn from your work, Win -to-win situation! :cool:
Isn’t this the start of his build log?

Good choice, there are much better construction plans, and the plastic parts in billing are very troublesome, my cutty's sark from billing was delivered with blocks and deadeyes in plastic, impossible to rig with such a s....t, so it stopped the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oliver, later I will restore the whole model, replace all rig details of plastic and so on.
I think Billing's has been bought by another model manufacturer now, then I really hope they do something with plans and all those
troublesome plastik parts,
Thank you for your interest.

@Jimsky
my Gjoa was my first ship, but the material in the kit was not for beginner. I started to change the parts with better parts. I could see that with better part i can get a better result. The doing with better material was also much better. Here you can see the Deadeyes and rigging from the kit and from the add-on.

The results are obvious, Oliver. Great job! OkI guess no one would complain if a kit manufacturer provides great material and assembly parts. But this also, most likely, will add to a total cost. I think a better approach, is to make research for a kit in question before engaging yourself into purchasing additional wood\parts. One of our great forum threads under Ship Kits: News, Reviews, and More ! is Kit's review: Wood, Plastic, Paper. It is a collection of great resources for anyone who's debating what kit to buy. But please, make your own decision. :cool:

Good day everyone :)
sorry for the confusion earlier.. I've been all over this forum reading and learning new techniques and upgrades that are possible..
which I must say are endless and left only to the amount of detailing one wishes to do..
But I do plan to use this as a building blog unless it's better to start a new one..
wanted to get into the kit last night after work and take a few pictures to get this going.. but ended up at work from 6AM until 1130PM :-(
too tired , then 5AM showed up fast this morning LOL
hope to start prepping things in the next couple of days and get it started..

again sorry about the confusion Jimsky, my end quote was cut in half by the picture I attached.. should have read
"I'll be back soon with pictures as this projects gets started and hopefully finished with a respectable ship to show for.."

can't wait now after reading all the amazing builds.. :)

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing ;)

Back