BEAGLE by occre [COMPLETED BUILD]

Getting the first layer of planking underway.
View attachment 278845View attachment 278846

Once all the planks are on and dried I pulled all the nails out and glued the keel together and put of the ship to keep its shape. Once dried I took it off so I could finish the rest of the planking.
View attachment 278847View attachment 278848

Hull is sanded smooth ready for second layer of planking
View attachment 278869

Second layer of planking going down
View attachment 278849View attachment 278851

Got the keel attached now
View attachment 278852View attachment 278853View attachment 278854View attachment 278855View attachment 278856

Got the rubbing strakes put on
View attachment 278857View attachment 278859

Had a little booboo found out cant put too much pressure on that spot. Fixed it and once paint never know it wasnt like that.
View attachment 278860

Rubbing strakes and vertical nibs on and rounded off
View attachment 278861View attachment 278862View attachment 278863

Now getting the inside of the bulwarks ribbing done.
View attachment 278864View attachment 278865View attachment 278866View attachment 278867View attachment 278868
a fantastic build. I like your way to make the deck outside- the first planking could be a little better. cabins and other details perfect, so all in all a beautiful LADY.

Very nice! I'll be referring back to your build as I progress on my model, unfortunately on hold for the next 30 days!

Thank you all. I wish I would have found out about S.O.S. before hand instead of just dumping everything all at once.

Thank you all. I wish I would have found out about S.O.S. before hand instead of just dumping everything all at once.
I am now 80 years and have built since the first BILLING Boat started in late1960. I have member here since 2018..I am Danish born into a Seaman family- 6 uncles each with their own cutter- the Dana type. I bought my first big build -NORSKE LOVE-about 1973. It was not laser-cut and with a very bad instruction manual, and at that there where NO EXTRA INFO. to get. Long before computers etc. The first laser cut came into the market in mid-1980. My next build was Vicrort -even worse as it was not sleight pre-cut. only a burning line to follow, and the instruction manual was 17 pages -150x100 on the pages -after plastering the whole room, there were some minor instructions.
you -although at that time there were Google and other search machines, so you were luckier than me.
I have more than 30 models over time, and the majority are from OcCre, as I moved to Madrid Spain -the headquarters OcCre. I got the hand of the Montanes before it came out to the market
no one was my first build and came down to Spain completely. the are quite some mistakes, but this is or was the only love store. the 3rd is my wife and 1-year-old daughter with the trawler Nordcap-1971. Mo 4 NORSKE LOVE 2-NOW LASER CUT AND WITH MUCH BETTER FITTINGS

01_ NORSKE LOVE 1.jpg

AA-4-victory.jpg

AA-1- norden y cutty sark.jpg

AA-2-NORSKE LOVE.jpg

Back