Belle Poule 1780 1:72 - Sail and Sail Model by zoly99sask

Hello Zoly,
I notice you haven't sanded off the numbers on the side of the frames yet. Will this show up on the finished model ?

Just curious, its looking great. :)

Hello Zoly,
I notice you haven't sanded off the numbers on the side of the frames yet. Will this show up on the finished model ?

Just curious, its looking great. :)
Those numbers won’t be visible ,also those numbers are laser engraved so they are very deep ,would take a lot to sand them down but like I said no need for that,these frames won’t be visible later on

Next step ,I glued in the stern and bow 3D printed parts,at the stern the the 3D parts were not 100% aligned with the frames so I soaked them in warm water for a few minutes and the became a little bit softer and possible to form and bend a little bit.

D33642B6-FA30-4AA4-B556-B8052D9FFE78.jpeg66A68D37-E0DA-445F-A5F1-9C725C438594.jpeg

The instruction manual sugest to glue on the rails but I decided to skip this part and do it after the planking is done.So the next step to remove the whole upper hull structure from the jig.

View attachment 259520View attachment 259519
Were the plastic printed parts in the kit or your own design production? Using the cap rail was a good alignment check. Now I can see how those rows of wood pieces smartly aligned are beginning to form the hull. Nice work! Rich

Were the plastic printed parts in the kit or your own design production? Using the cap rail was a good alignment check. Now I can see how those rows of wood pieces smartly aligned are beginning to form the hull. Nice work! Rich
Thanks!!

The 3D printed parts are coming with the kit

Those plastic bow and stern pieces are a great idea to save all that fiddly construction.
But Bryian that takes away the skill of planking around a bow and forming your planks at the stern. This way the art of dropped planks and stealers will be somehing of the past. Pity.

Back