Belle Poule 1780 1:72 - Sail and Sail Model by zoly99sask

You could use CA glue, then you don’t have to clamp… well, you gotta hold em for a few seconds…

Clamps were needed as the frames were not close tight everywhere
I am wondering why would the frames not close tight everywhere? Are they (frames) are different thiknesess? The lasers marks on the base are equal spacing, though. Why would be there a difference, hmm...?

I am wondering why would the frames not close tight everywhere? Are they (frames) are different thiknesess? The lasers marks on the base are equal spacing, though. Why would be there a difference, hmm...?
Maybe very small differences in the wood thickness of the sheets - f.e. four times 0,05mm is already a difference of 0,2mm and this you recognize already.
Or another problem is the thickness of the glue which is used ..... I remember the words by Dr.Mike in one of the videos

The frames look very good - evenly curved and smooth, You will have a great planking basis.
I can tell from the personal experience...She has a very nice and unique body line (the hull). She is quite sexy! ;) You are doing a great job, Zoly. It will help others for sure on their builds.

A laborious task at best, but if the ports are as clearly defined as these, it certainly helps. The ports are also being cut from relatively thick wood (compared to planking strips) which should help with finishing them off squarely and cleanly. Either way, nice going Zoly!

Back