Blériot XI (1909) - 1/10-Amati [COMPLETED BUILD]

What a most excellent build. Amati makes wonderful kits. But they went Lady Ga Ga on this one. One is able to utilize what’s provided, rewarded with a Museum piece. And 1/10 scale too boot! Thanks for sharing. Might I add your photography is good to.
Rick

PS: studying plans/instruction for a Model Airway’s Sopwith Camel F1 with goodies from Shapeways, Cabbage Patch and the following company. You place order, allow fella to hand make and ship.

Attachments

• F74D6043-8294-454E-B37D-C500C64366BE.jpeg
    F74D6043-8294-454E-B37D-C500C64366BE.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4

PS: the long blue item. I believe the item is mis-represented in some plastic and Balsa kits. I have seen it smaller and referred to as fuel tank. But if I remember correctly, was a float as is installed for flying across the Channel. Is that correct. Might I point out, the Amati kit is very accurate.
Might I ask, what was your technique for a flawless covering application.

Attachments

• 097E64BF-BF32-442E-B5C6-984BE561EC6D.jpeg
    097E64BF-BF32-442E-B5C6-984BE561EC6D.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1

Thanx ! :cool:
It's cool to see this ever popular Blériot!
You are right, the oblong object in the middle of the fuselage was a simple buoy to allow Louis Blériot to float in case of water landing... He could not swim !
This model went to the USA to a pilot to decorate his living room.

I think I'm going to make another one, but closer to reality, adding details and especially respecting the period colors.

The canvas was made with a product used in aeromodelling: the Solartex or Oratex which is applied with a small iron. The realism is closer to the original than the canvas proposed by Amati that must be coated with wood glue ... ;)

Thanx ! :cool:
It's cool to see this ever popular Blériot!
You are right, the oblong object in the middle of the fuselage was a simple buoy to allow Louis Blériot to float in case of water landing... He could not swim !
This model went to the USA to a pilot to decorate his living room.

I think I'm going to make another one, but closer to reality, adding details and especially respecting the period colors.

The canvas was made with a product used in aeromodelling: the Solartex or Oratex which is applied with a small iron. The realism is closer to the original than the canvas proposed by Amati that must be coated with wood glue ... ;)
Solartex, what a great covering material. Back in the day I build many ole timer aircraft and used the very same material to cover. Thanks.
Rick

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Our friend @Foxtrott found this video and posted it on a german forum. (and I just realized also @Jimsky here in our forum)
I guess this could be also very interesting for our members
"easy" ...... ;)

Amati's Blériot XI built in stopmotion

by Tom Grigat

check also his other videos ......

Last edited: