Black Pearl By ZHL build

yep I watched all the videos on youtube the Build I'm doing will have lights just not as many maybe 6-8 at the most Im installing the last bits of the second planking right now so I should be updating with more pics tomorrow sometime

Well I wish I could say this second planking went easily onto the ship. It DID NOT it laid nicely but the little bits were a Pain in the Arse to keep in place. I was half tempted to CA them on. Here she is fully second planked I need to do alittle sanding tomorrow then I have to give it a double dose of the Middle finger as I hate planking and I'm happy to be done with it. Now some fun begins finally
20181102_204604.jpg20181102_204607.jpg20181102_204615.jpg20181102_204626.jpg20181102_204636.jpg20181102_204647.jpg20181102_204653.jpg20181102_204713.jpg

whats as a kit without a little frustration ( isn't that why we buyem ;-) ) ,bloody good but ! great job.
Your so right Paul, Thank you. I cant say I didn't enjoy the challenge because I did. at the end of the day I refused to give up and I won the battle.

Excellent, she has a very unique and fascinating shape, you are doing a really good job, that colour planking with the black should look outstanding,

best regards john,
the shape of this hull is unlike anything I've done in the past it was absolutely a challenge requiring tapering of planks on both ends at times. Bearding the keel at the stern made a huge difference as it allowed me to use as many full width planks as possible at that end of the ship. fortunately most of the numbers came out even with regards to plank width and along the mid ship area but that also meant a cramped bow and stern if I wouldn't have bearded it. that dead wood area would have had second planking anyhow per the plans so I went with it for first planking also. At any rate the job is done and I'm happy with it I use a roller to roll my planks flat but I wait till the glue has tacked up well usually 10 min for titebond III I then reroll every plank for three plank prior to the last one I install just to keep everything as flat as possible. I use this roller works real well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072QB4WSK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great Job m8! Almost done with my second planking but dont know if i will show it now. Gonna Be a beatiful ship if you continu this way!

G'day Joe
Sorry for not looking in for a while. Been quite crook again and was too exhausted to even scratch my a#se, as the Ozzie expression goes.
You have done an extraordinary job on the planking. Well done mate.
Havagooday and happymodeling
Greg

Back