Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

Holy crapcakes smothered in toilet paper Batman, you're building faster than I breath!!!!
Shoulda had you help with that room, it'd been done in 2 days...lol

Gotta get ‘r done by thanksgiving! I work on it till my back gives out, then take some pain relief and rest. Then back to work. Thanks for all the encouragement, guys. I just hope the planking, rigging, and sails don’t slow me down too much.

I’d like to place my port cannons on this deck before I cover it up with the third deck. That way I can rig them and place the gun swabs , powder kegs, and cannon balls before they are covered over. But then I have to plank outside and I won’t be able to cover the ports and drill and cut through with the guns sticking out. Any advice?

I would think sections of outer plank instead of one long piece where the guns are as they will get cut anyhow for the
framing of the covers. Another idea is a bit of line chaulk on each barrels mouth, place wood against and lined up then
drill out the little blue circles you just made. Id drill them slightly larger to allow for moving the lathe in to its proper
possition. Fine adjustments may be needed.

Just my stain induced rambling... Yes, I been sniffin stain again on the crows nest tossing bananna peals down at unsuspecting
crate laden sailors :p

I would think sections of outer plank instead of one long piece where the guns are as they will get cut anyhow for the
framing of the covers. Another idea is a bit of line chaulk on each barrels mouth, place wood against and lined up then
drill out the little blue circles you just made. Id drill them slightly larger to allow for moving the lathe in to its proper
possition. Fine adjustments may be needed.

Just my stain induced rambling... Yes, I been sniffin stain again on the crows nest tossing bananna peals down at unsuspecting
crate laden sailors :p
Are you sure it wasn’t glue?

Trying to make sense of this confusion of wire. I think I’ll solder them to one black and red wire strand from each side to simplify. They will meet in the middle to attach to the transformer or battery pack. I have to skin the wire with my knife. View attachment 186605View attachment 186606
That looks like a tough job to do for every wire.
Everything else is coming along nicely and at "warp" speed.

Installing upper deck was tough. I had to trim some slots for the ribs to pass through. A bigger problem was having to remove some beams that the instructions had me install earlier. And the pictures for the deck installation has them missing. It seems the pictures are on a time machine. image.jpgimage.jpg

That seems to be the case with many instruction manuals - now you see certain parts, on the next set of pictures, you don't. All very confusing sometimes for all us mortals.

Installing upper deck was tough. I had to trim some slots for the ribs to pass through. A bigger problem was having to remove some beams that the instructions had me install earlier. And the pictures for the deck installation has them missing. It seems the pictures are on a time machine.

Back