Bluenose Build Log

Although I am looking at this build a few years after it was done, the photos and commentary will greatly help me with what will be my second build and first one planking. Time is not a factor with me and I can take care to work as accurately as I can to not compound errors. As I have said previously and somehow a poor photo of the Constructo pilot boat, started in 1969 and drydocked for decades has to be finished first with my own added components for what I consider needed for an actual sailing schooner rig on the carved wood hull. . . good experience for some things like rigging and making stropped blocks, eyebolts, hooks, etc. . . but not in planking. Thanks for putting this up for me to follow in your wake, tacking when needed to not get luffed up. PT=2

Got the waterway planks filled in, deck re-sanded, and another coat of poly. With this, the ship is now completely sealed. Time to attack the bulwarks.

Build duration this step: 2 hours
Total build duration: 100 hours

Can’t wait to go through build log of the Bluenose. I am starting this model soon and being fairly new to ship building I am sure I will learn a lot from you

Back