Bluenose by Liebre

What a nice progress, Henk. With the waterways very tight around the stanchions. The nibbled strips with their black sides also look neat. I'm curious how the Abachi will show.
Regards, Peter

My Ecoline experiment

Ecoline applied to the sides of the deck beams (batten Abachi 1x3 mm) in such a way that only the sides of the Ecoline could be seen, and no Ecoline could be seen on top of the deck to simulate deck seams. is left, after the remaining deck beams had already been removed.

Due to the action of the wood glue, this already gave stains on the deck, which was aggravated by light wood stain.
I had already seen some examples on the forum of deck beams that were treated with Ecoline, so I thought that would be fine

I had already treated all stock battens with Ecoline, so I won't be using them again

On the right the custom-made slats, sanded and no stain applied, on the left the combination a little too much glue with a color of stain

Nice to know what I had made all the slats to size and only had to glue them

With the color stain I wanted to apply the color like the sides

Ordered another slat in the meantime

Most of the time your successes are shown but I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing your mistakes as well

For education and entertainment ..

latten.JPG

My Ecoline experiment

Ecoline applied to the sides of the deck beams (batten Abachi 1x3 mm) in such a way that only the sides of the Ecoline could be seen, and no Ecoline could be seen on top of the deck to simulate deck seams. is left, after the remaining deck beams had already been removed.

Due to the action of the wood glue, this already gave stains on the deck, which was aggravated by light wood stain.
I had already seen some examples on the forum of deck beams that were treated with Ecoline, so I thought that would be fine

I had already treated all stock battens with Ecoline, so I won't be using them again

On the right the custom-made slats, sanded and no stain applied, on the left the combination a little too much glue with a color of stain

Nice to know what I had made all the slats to size and only had to glue them

With the color stain I wanted to apply the color like the sides

Ordered another slat in the meantime

Most of the time your successes are shown but I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing your mistakes as well

For education and entertainment ..

View attachment 292682
Kudos for sharing!

Sorry to hear about that Henk. I am not a big fan of using ink on wood. I know lately it has become more popular. But I have always used wood stain or wood dye. Dye is meant to be used on wood, ink isn’t. I only use ink for paper. You can use ink on wood, but it’s risky, and success can be hit or miss depending on the wood type and the application method.
I hope you achieve a satisfactory result this time using a different method.

Last edited:
Thanks Dean,

Every disadvantage has an advantage see a famous football player once

It has given me different insights on how I plan the deck differently

I am lucky that I can get on my bike and after 10 minutes can order slats again which already in 4 working days were already there
New rounds new opportunities

Regards

Henk

Thanks Dean,

Every disadvantage has an advantage see a famous football player once

It has given me different insights on how I plan the deck differently

I am lucky that I can get on my bike and after 10 minutes can order slats again which already in 4 working days were already there
New rounds new opportunities

Regards

Henk
I have had good luck with graphite or charcoal for edging planks. Then the stain will accent it further. ;)

Ok

Thanks for the reference photos Dean
I see it, but hope it fits a bit, come up with a creative solution later ...
I thought it was a shame to keep this part uncovered

That also applies to the deck beams, well done your best for the connections and see nothing of it anymore

You will need to make a square mast base
No reason to worry Dean

I thought I had done something wrong, but the other mast with the square is for the aft deck
Just looked at the drawing again
The round ring fits there
At the foredeck I have placed in such a way that all deck elements fit here
Everything again under control here, I was shocked:D

Back