Bluenose made in Austria :-)

Hello Franz, a great start and a very nice job. Greetings from Bavaria
Hello Tobias!
Thank you, I'll try my best.
At the moment I have a lot more questions than answers about how I'm going to build something next, but I'm just concentrating on the next steps, which usually works better than I thought anyway.
The posts and photos in this forum are very helpful, otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought about my first ship.
Best regards from Innsbruck
Franz.

Good afternoon Franz. For your first wooden model the BN is a beautiful choice- stunning boat and fun to build- and an original version. Your planking and the correction of the scuppers is fantastic. Looking forward to your progress. There are some stunning BN builds here- I follow Peter and Johan (both POF) however I’m sure you will get plenty tips from them and their builds. Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Franz. For your first wooden model the BN is a beautiful choice- stunning boat and fun to build- and an original version. Your planking and the correction of the scuppers is fantastic. Looking forward to your progress. There are some stunning BN builds here- I follow Peter and Johan (both POF) however I’m sure you will get plenty tips from them and their builds. Cheers Grant
Hi Grant!
Yes, the BN is really a fantastic ship and an exciting thing to (re-)build.
All the construction reports with the awesome fotos leave nothing to be desired and are a very great help.
Regards Franz.

A very good restart - and you made already in short time some progress
Very good work by the way

During the assembly of the railing, I opted for water glasses, as they allowed me to precisely control the weight and consequently the pressure exerted. Although handling water in woodworking can pose its challenges, ensuring the seals are tight and the glasses remain dry on the exterior makes for a manageable process.

Back