Bomb Vessel Granado 1742 - Cross Section - 1:32 Scale - Scratch Build by DocBlake [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dear Doc
As I have said all along, this is an amazingly beautiful model thanks to your professional and precise work. Well done friend

Beautifully rendered model. My question on having a stock of shells stored on the deck would be whether it would be safe to do so since they were filled with explosives, unlike a solid ball.

Beautifully rendered model. My question on having a stock of shells stored on the deck would be whether it would be safe to do so since they were filled with explosives, unlike a solid ball.
Thanks for the kind comments, guys!

Jeff: I don't mean the shells would be on deck for permanent or long-term storage. There are two shell rooms in the hold, one below each mortar pit, to do that. But when a bombardment of a shore emplacement is to begin, the shells need to be easily accessible but not bouncing all over the place. A rack or two of 5 shells each would keep the mortars in business while the crew is actively replacing fired shells during a bombardment.

Maybe one of the pit doors also served as shot holder when flipped upside down

I would assume all the extra eye bolts on cannon were for lifting when needed

Congratulations
You made a wonderful model - BRAVO Bravissimo

Refering the rack:
I do not think, that the shells were stored, also not for a short time on deck,
because they were shells filled with powder, filled with powder as short as possible before the use, because it was too dangerous

Back