Trident Model - New kit design Bomb Vessel Granado by TridentModel

@Uwek
Hello Uwe,

you are absolut right. I am surprised, that this primary source is ignored. The knees, the missing beam arms are really interessting, also the stroage of the grenades is different. I don‘t know, if I will ever built a model of the ship, but the research and the comparison of the different drawings of the NMM makes a lot of fun.

@Uwek
Hello Uwe,

you are absolut right. I am surprised, that this primary source is ignored. The knees, the missing beam arms are really interessting, also the stroage of the grenades is different. I don‘t know, if I will ever built a model of the ship, but the research and the comparison of the different drawings of the NMM makes a lot of fun.
I just checked the sketch in the Anatomy book from Goodwin

IMG_0378.jpg

and according his index he used only these contemporary drawings

IMG_0379.jpg

Interesting, that he used the much later launched drawings of the HMS Blast 1759

j1444.jpg j1443.jpg

Unfortunately I can not find the HMS Baselisk drawing in the danish archive - maybe somebody else knows this drawing and could post it here.
If it is going further we can make a new ship history topic .....

Hi Uwe,

I found the drawing, but had trouble to download it. I think this has to wait, until I am at home. That is the reason for my comment in the first post. Perhaps I will find out more with the articles.
On the other side it is not new, that one author uses information from the other author. As I wrote earlier, perhaps this drawing was not known 30 years ago or at the time the beautyful model at the RMG was built.

Hi Uwe,

as discussed earlier the missing drawing of the Basilisk from 1740. This is the master for the design of the 1741 designs (Comet class and Granado).

Basilisk 1740-klein.jpg

Interesting is also that Goodwin gives two different values for Breadth Extreme 26'2'' (in the text part) and 26'7'' in the drawing part.
The first value is given in the contract drawing and also shown at the original as built drawing. But if you measure the values at the as built drawing you see that Breadth Molded is 26'2'' . This gives by the plank thickness the value of 26'7'' Perhaps the shipwright made a small mistake ...

Interesting also are the the two details of the shell racks shown in this drawing

ON the right side (green arrow) the type of racks which are shown in other drawings and also by Goodwin and the kits
-> capacity of 24 shells with the entrance fore and aft

On the left side and center cross section (red arrows) racks with entrance from "I do not know"
=> It is technicaly not possible to put the shells not in the axis where the pillars of the rack are
So the shown circles for the shells are in my opinion totaly wrong
-> this kind of racks would have a capacity of only 16 shells

So the drawing is ?able .......

Basilisk 1740-klein 1.jpg

大家好,我们的设计师还在添加更多的细节。但只是一种尝试。毕竟我们不可能将所有的设计细节纳入KITS中。但是可以为有改造意愿的爱好者提供参考。提前透露一个消息,预计4月份我将向大家展示我们另外一个项目的开发过程。谢谢大家对我们的支持。

Hi everyone, our designers are still adding more details. But just a try. After all, it is impossible for us to incorporate all design details into KITS. But it can provide a reference for fans who are willing to transform. Let me reveal a news in advance. It is expected that in April I will show you the development process of another project of ours. Thank you for your support.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

First of all, congratulations to CAF on launching Granado kit, which is a very successful kit and has a lot to learn from. Recently, many friends asked me about the development level of Granado kit and when to launch it. Now let's explain it here. Granado kit is the second kit designed by us. We are trying new ways from design and development to production and processing. Our designers try to restore Granado's structure more deeply, so the development speed is relatively slow. At present, it is expected to complete the design in May. Some photos will be released from time to time before completing the design. I hope you can make more corrections. Another news is that we plan to try to assemble a new kit in March this year, not Granado. Interested friends can pay attention. Another thing to note is that whether Granado or other kit, we will use CNC for processing and will not change. Thank you for your support and attention to the Trident model. Here are some design photos.

View attachment 280944View attachment 280945View attachment 280946View attachment 280947View attachment 280948View attachment 280949View attachment 280950View attachment 280951View attachment 280952View attachment 280953View attachment 280954View attachment 280955View attachment 280956View attachment 280957View attachment 280958
Hallo @Trident Model
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

liking the model quite a lot... all CNC! looking forward to a clean (no laser burn) construction part. Second, liking the full details including Mats and sails. Do you think it will be available in Boxwood?

Cheers, Looking forward to it.

liking the model quite a lot... all CNC! looking forward to a clean (no laser burn) construction part. Second, liking the full details including Mats and sails. Do you think it will be available in Boxwood?

Cheers, Looking forward to it.
Hi
Not sure about boxwood but cherry forr for sure and maybe pearwood

Sto aspettando che mi venga consegnato il kit ALERT, non ho ancora iniziato la costruzione che ho già la voglia di iniziare con questo nuovo progetto

I am waiting for the ALERT kit to be delivered to me, I have not yet started the construction that I already want to start with this new project
Hallo @argonauta
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you start already the Alert?

Back