Trident Model - New kit design Bomb Vessel Granado by TridentModel

First of all, congratulations to CAF on launching Granado kit, which is a very successful kit and has a lot to learn from. Recently, many friends asked me about the development level of Granado kit and when to launch it. Now let's explain it here. Granado kit is the second kit designed by us. We are trying new ways from design and development to production and processing. Our designers try to restore Granado's structure more deeply, so the development speed is relatively slow. At present, it is expected to complete the design in May. Some photos will be released from time to time before completing the design. I hope you can make more corrections. Another news is that we plan to try to assemble a new kit in March this year, not Granado. Interested friends can pay attention. Another thing to note is that whether Granado or other kit, we will use CNC for processing and will not change. Thank you for your support and attention to the Trident model. Here are some design photos.

View attachment 280944View attachment 280945View attachment 280946View attachment 280947View attachment 280948View attachment 280949View attachment 280950View attachment 280951View attachment 280952View attachment 280953View attachment 280954View attachment 280955View attachment 280956View attachment 280957View attachment 280958
Hallo my friend, Hallo @Trident Model
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day .......

Спасибо.
Трайдент, с Днём Рождения! Ответьте, пожалуйста в нашей личной переписке, есть большие проблемы с новой раскладкой деталей как в файле, так и на плашках. Возможность сборки Алерта с такой информацией невозможна!

I think that you follow in much details the AotS of the Granado.
Do you know the drawing ZAZ7930? I am not sure if Goodwin refers also to it or if this drawing was not known during writing the book. But it is in my opinion a really intersting source, because it was part of the contracts, which the Admirality has given to the shipyards for the different bomb vessels of the 1742 program. If you compare it with the information of the book you will find some really interesting differences.

Furthermore I like your reconstruction. It is clearly visible that other interpretations give another model of the same ship. It is interesting to see how CAF and you are coming to different results.

I think that you follow in much details the AotS of the Granado.
Do you know the drawing ZAZ7930? I am not sure if Goodwin refers also to it or if this drawing was not known during writing the book. But it is in my opinion a really intersting source, because it was part of the contracts, which the Admirality has given to the shipyards for the different bomb vessels of the 1742 program. If you compare it with the information of the book you will find some really interesting differences.

Furthermore I like your reconstruction. It is clearly visible that other interpretations give another model of the same ship. It is interesting to see how CAF and you are coming to different results.
This is the drawing Christian is refering to

j7658.jpg

Comet (1742); Terror (1742); Granado (1742); Firedrake (1742); Mortar (1742); Serpent (1742​

Scale: 1:48. Plan showing the body plan, sheer lines with inboard detail and sketch of figurehead, and basic longitudinal half-breadth for Comet (1742); Terror (1742); Granado (1742); Firedrake (1742); Mortar (1742); Serpent (1742), all 8-gun, 2 mortar, Bomb Vessels. The plan includes the upper deck with platforms and hold superimposed, and a section and plan of the bomb bed and shell room.

Copies were sent in October 1741 to the merchant yards for the above ships.

@AnobiumPunctatum
Hallo Christian,
would be interesting to know which details you recognized - the massive laying "knees" on / in which the carlings are bedded are not shown in the kit(s)

Back