BONHOMME RICHARD 1779 Part 2 - Bow Section / 1:36 by Jeronimo [COMPLETED BUILD]

I recognize, that some of our members see this topic first time.......therefore
Do you know also the amazing other Parts of Karls Bonhomme Richard?

The Stern Section:

058.jpg

The Midship Section:

43. (35).JPG

Now you can say WOW !!! ;)

Que madera es??????
What wood is it ??????
As I know from Karl he used and often using the so called (in german term) Elsbeere, Sorbus torminalis , which is often wrongly translated or mentioned as Swiss Pear.
This kind of wood is often used modelers in central europe for arsenal models - The grain is similar or even finer than pear and has a slight red touch in color
Elsbeere_Holz.jpg
I am using it also, due to the fact, that it is a beautiful wood - but unfortunately it is also more expensive than pear

Beautiful (warm color), The English name for this tree - Chequer tree / Wild service tree or Checker tree. Below is the data for this timber

As I know from Karl he used and often using the so called (in german term) Elsbeere, Sorbus torminalis , which is often wrongly translated or mentioned as Swiss Pear.
This kind of wood is often used modelers in central europe for arsenal models - The grain is similar or even finer than pear and has a slight red touch in color
View attachment 136737
I am using it also, due to the fact, that it is a beautiful wood - but unfortunately it is also more expensive than pear

Hello Uwe.
Sehr gut.
Grüsse Karl

Hi Karl,
fabulous work. I remember asking you on the other forum (before I was banned for life ) about your wax finish. Can you please explain it again ?
thank you.

Back