Bridge and Boat Diorama

It's a ripper, wrong word it's a wripple of an idea with the wake from the bridge's staunchins.
You're going to have fun doing the whole water.
Havfunmate!
Greg
Never considered a wake from the bridge footings. The only time one may see that is during a flood. It's a good idea Greg, and I will add a hint of a wake around them.

Never considered a wake from the bridge footings. The only time one may see that is during a flood. It's a good idea Greg, and I will add a hint of a wake around them.
A wake may not be the correct expression, I know a ship has a wake because it's moving......
Is there a expression for the wripple from a post in a fast running water. I wonder?
Cheersmate
Greg

A wake may not be the correct expression, I know a ship has a wake because it's moving......
Is there a expression for the wripple from a post in a fast running water. I wonder?
Cheersmate
Greg
Can be called a wake.
Did a quick Internet search into river engineering. Found document about water turbulence around piers. Here is a small portion of the document, using the word 'wake'.
gSc778A.png

I suppose the moving object in your definition is the water itself.
Did not find definition for wripple.

I guess it's right! Many years ago at a high school' English class, we had a discussion about a bike moving 60 mph (showing my age) pass a building. You could also say the building moved 60 mph pass the bike. It's about your point of reference.
Thanks for clearing it up for me Peter.
Havagoodone
Greg

Murray (Muz), a close friend is dying from cancer. He has been fighting it for about 10 years now. In other words, he got an extra ten years of life. But in the last few months, especially the last two weeks, his condition has deteriorated drastically. He and his wife are relocating back to their family home. Two days ago was, and will be, the last I will see of him.

Muz told me that the guys in the fishing boat must wear life-jackets because the boat is under 5 metres long. So now they are wearing inflatable life-jackets.

viyQ3O5.jpg

A few months ago Muz told me that I must include a bike rider into the diorama. Now seems to be the best time to do so. Yesterday I asked him to email me a photo of him with his bike.

BymVHhe.jpg

I plan to add Muz, and his bike, onto the bridge, waiting and waving good-bye from the traffic lights.
So far I got the bike built.

7CYSlTe.jpg

G'day Peter
That's a beautiful thing you are doing mate.
I think there should be two bike riders...... one is Muz and the other will be you. That way you two, will always be together.
Happymodeling
Greg

G'day Peter
That's a beautiful thing you are doing mate.
I think there should be two bike riders...... one is Muz and the other will be you. That way you two, will always be together.
Happymodeling
Greg
Not yet my friend. Since time seems to fly faster as we get older, I may soon be on the bridge paying toll to cross the river too.
Perhaps I'll make another bike-rider set and have it stashed away in the museum office, for the occasion. ;)

G'day Peter
Absolutely amazing. The details in Muz's figure and his bike are so lifelike at any size, but when I saw it on the paint lid my mind boggled to see how small it really is,......it's, ......it's,
Brilliant mate.
Havagooday and happymodeling
Greg

G'day Peter
Looking back over this diorama, I know you are correct when you told me that
He has His Hand helping you and guiding you and all the way.
I feel the same mate, when I do something
SPECTACULAR,
like you are doing now.
Greg

Back