Buccaneer by Occre - First build ever

Toni, your work is beautiful !
As far as re-sizing a picture you are posting, once you have added the picture to your post, you can click on the picture and it will put 4 blocks on the corners of the pictures. You can click on any of these blocks and drag it to make the picture the size you want. This method will retain the same height to width ratio.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Toni, your work is beautiful !
As far as re-sizing a picture you are posting, once you have added the picture to your post, you can click on the picture and it will put 4 blocks on the corners of the pictures. You can click on any of these blocks and drag it to make the picture the size you want. This method will retain the same height to width ratio.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Thank you so much, Jeff. That worked beautifully!

:) :) :) :)

Regarding you finger stick dilemma if this is the result of CA acetone will dissolve the glue. If you already know this please forgive me. As an alternative to CA for the rigging may I suggest you use a fabric glue. It dries quickly, won't stain like CA, won't stick your fingers together and is a lot easier to clean up.

I like your work thus far!

Regarding you finger stick dilemma if this is the result of CA acetone will dissolve the glue. If you already know this please forgive me. As an alternative to CA for the rigging may I suggest you use a fabric glue. It dries quickly, won't stain like CA, won't stick your fingers together and is a lot easier to clean up.

I like your work thus far!

Oh, Acetone makes sense. That would probably work a lot better than lotion, that's for sure. Thanks. I hope there's no next time but if there is I'll try that instead. And clean my scissors at the same time.

About the CA glue staining, yes, that's really been bothering me. The ropes darken when I use it on them and I just assumed it was "normal" when ship building. I will most definitely get some fabric glue. Is there any particular brand that I should look for? Or do they all basically work the same?

Thank you for the tips, Craig. Much appreciated!

Good afternoon Toni,

Not sure where you live so not sure where specifically to direct you to buy fabric glue. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby in the fabric and sewing section.

RE acetone- it will dry you skin so I recommend you use a good lotion/moisturizer after clean up.

Respectfully,

Craig

Good afternoon Toni,

Not sure where you live so not sure where specifically to direct you to buy fabric glue. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby in the fabric and sewing section.

RE acetone- it will dry you skin so I recommend you use a good lotion/moisturizer after clean up.

Respectfully,

Craig

Thanks. I have a Hobby Lobby just down the road.

Great work on your first build! Galleons are great for learning the basics in planking, and they are loads of fun!

Thanks very much!

I've learned so much while building this ship. I'm happy that I chose a Galleon, too. This has been such an incredible learning experience for me that, hopefully, because of all the intricacies involved with this ship, I'll do a much better job on my next build. One can always hope.

Our first ship is a HUGE learning experience. Funny thing is, we learn about all the things we want improve upon after the first ship is done, but we usually can't go back to that first model to correct them because rigging and other things are in the way. So,... we make ANOTHER model! :D And, that next model is much better than the first one, all due to the lessons we learn along the way.

Back