Build Log: 18th Century Longboat for HMS Medea project. 1:48 scale. Model Shipways kit.

Time to draw this build log to a close and get on with my main project - HMS Medea.

I haven't rigged this model as I intend it to be placed in a future diorama on the deck of a larger ship.

IMG_20201224_104142779.png

Longboat_A.jpg

Longboat_B.jpg

Longboat_C.jpg

Longboat_D.jpg

Some things I've learnt during this exercise.

1. You can't be too careful. Most mistakes take more time to fix than doing it again from scratch.

2. Take your time. I tend to hurry and it causes mistakes and overlooking important steps.

3. Don't borrow your spouse/friend/relative/enemy oil paints. They take FOREVER to dry and I will have to paint the longboat again if the oil paint ever dries.

4. Don't accept minor errors unless you have to. The camera doesn't lie.

5. Listen to your peers and watch the forum as often as possible. There is always something interesting and valuable to be found here.

6. Enjoy yourself. If it isn't giving you satisfaction it probably isn't worth doing.

Thank you to all who followed this build. I learnt a lot about boat building and about myself.

See you in the New Year with a continuation of my HMS Medea build and wishing everyone the best wished for a better 2021.

Attachments

• Longboat_E.jpg
    Longboat_E.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 9
Back