Build Log Artesania Latina "La Pinta" - [COMPLETED BUILD]

And I did learn to not fight the thread (ropes) they have their own mind and focus.

View attachment 329035

View attachment 329036
Good morning. Whew- a lot done since I last looked in. Your ratlines are so good. I also had the issue of the shrouds forming a slight hour glass and you sorted that out spot on. Your sails also came out super well. Lovely Pinta. Great photos as well. I guess it’s compliments all round:D. Cheers Grant

Good morning. Whew- a lot done since I last looked in. Your ratlines are so good. I also had the issue of the shrouds forming a slight hour glass and you sorted that out spot on. Your sails also came out super well. Lovely Pinta. Great photos as well. I guess it’s compliments all round:D. Cheers Grant
Hi Grant, thank you for the compliment(s) you are very kind indeed and I'm pleased I was able to help you in some small way. Cheers.

Ahhhh!.... you mean "back to front" not "upside down". Due to my non existent knowledge of sailing ships and related riggings and tackle I have been guided by the AL instructions and the printed photos in the manual. Thank you very much for your input. I'll correct later when I replace the practice sails. Thumbsup
your blocks should be turned by 180° - because the block is / was in reality a wheel over which the rope was running
check the red dotts marked with green arrows
127_La Pinta.png
I made also once the same mistake on one model - with the complete rigging - you are in a good companionship by a lot of modelers making this once

your blocks should be turned by 180° - because the block is / was in reality a wheel over which the rope was running
check the red dotts marked with green arrows
View attachment 329493
I made also once the same mistake on one model - with the complete rigging - you are in a good companionship by a lot of modelers making this once
Hello Uwek, very much appreciated and truly thankful for this to be pointed out and illustrated clearly. Already the rigging has been dismantled (hrs to unglue knots :rolleyes:) and once again it's 'redo'. Also, now I don't feel so embarrassed knowing this mistake has been made by others. Cheers Thumbsup.

Hello Uwek, very much appreciated and truly thankful for this to be pointed out and illustrated clearly. Already the rigging has been dismantled (hrs to unglue knots :rolleyes:) and once again it's 'redo'. Also, now I don't feel so embarrassed knowing this mistake has been made by others. Cheers Thumbsup.
Good morning. I am guilty of this as well. Fortunately it was pointed out very early in my process. Redo’s are a part of this hobby for sure. It is what so awesome about SOS, the experienced guys take interest in our builds and as we go we learn so much. Cheers Grant

Well it was do and redo and redo again. New rope, New sails using Muslin this time around. Came across road works while out cycling. Took a piece of new asphalt, soaked it in mineral turpentine overnight, strained into a jar and used the mixture to tint the sails. Worked really good apart from the intense Turpentine odour. Had to hang the sails out on the clothes line for a week then hand washed them using wife's hair shampoo. Anyway "Parrels" my new "don't likes in Model rigging"

Set up preparing the parrel ropes.

127_La Pinta Parrel Rope1.png

128_La Pinta Parrerl Ropes seizing.png

Foremast parrel rear view and whew! done it finally after several evenings of redo's.. Hope it looks ok.

129_La Pinta attaching Parrel FM.png

In life there is always a positive and this morning at 5am I tested positive LMAO! always thought it would pass me by but at least it is a "Positive" even if not the positive wished for...... Take care people 'Kia Kaha' cheers and smile lots, Life is Beautiful.

AL Positive.png

Back