Build Log Baltimore Clipper Ship "Harvey/1847" 1:50 scale

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hallo Sid, congratulations for finishing your first ship model.
And we can see, that it turned out very good ! We are learning with doing our hobby - so the next model should come, in order to use the known and learn something new - without making the first mistakes twice.
Do have already something in mind for your next project?

Sid Barras

Indeed I do have something in mind for next. I’ve “narrowed" my next build to either the Cutty Sark (Mantua version), the Astrolabe (also Mantua) or the Cote d'Emeraude (Atesania Latina). Eventually I'll get to the HMS Victory (Mantua?) on the shelf.

Charles QC

Well my experience with Artesania was let just said not a particulary good one
But each time I see a good realisation of one of Artesania kit I have to revise my opinion
For a first model thumb up it is a very good buildThumbsup

Sloanfamily

Read your thread on the Harvey. Great work!! I recently purchased the same kit second hand and it is missing 3 of the sheets of plans, no2, no3, & no4. I was hoping you would be kind enough to take a picture of them and post them as I can’t find them on the web. This is my second ship (first was a 20” Albatross) and I need all the help I can get

Thank you
Sloanfamily

Roglyn

Read your thread on the Harvey. Great work!! I recently purchased the same kit second hand and it is missing 3 of the sheets of plans, no2, no3, & no4. I was hoping you would be kind enough to take a picture of them and post them as I can’t find them on the web. This is my second ship (first was a 20” Albatross) and I need all the help I can get

Thank you
Sloanfamily
Should be home tomorrow so will photograph them and send them on to you
Cheers
Roger

Sid Barras

Thank you
Sloanfamily
Hi SloanFamily. If Roger has sent you what you need great; but I actually have two sets of plans for this ship. (I think my deceased benefactor bought just the plans and then later bought the whole kit. There were some bulkhead pieces laid out on butcher paper within the kits that I got, and I determined they were for the Harvey--plus the extra set of plans. They are not in pristine condition, having been folded and unfolded many times, but I'd say they are quite usable. I'd be happy to sent them to you if you'll send me your address. You can send that information privately to me at my email address. (sid.barras@gmail.com)
Warmest regards from Cajunland USA, South Louisiana.

Sloanfamily

Thank you for mailing me your plans Sid. Your generosity is inspiring of the ship building community. After I’m finished with the Harvey, I’ll be more than happy to pay it forward

Best wishes from BeefCountry USA, Central Iowa

Roglyn

Sorry I was on my way Home from a trip to north Queensland and was delayed by the massive bushfires only just got home yesterday. So if Sid has sent you the plans it would save me photographing them all the best with your build and if yo still need photos just let me know
Roger