Drakar "OSEBERG" from Pavel Nikitin 1:25 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Finally, the kit package arrived. Have wanted to build a Viking ship for a long time, but there hasn't been a good historically accurate kit. But now Pavel has put on the market a very nice kit. Have done an initial review of the content and can say that the quality is of a very high class. It will be a real pleasure to start building this model.20221215_193937.jpg20221215_194642.jpg20221215_194910.jpg

I built the 1/25 scale Oseberg from Billings several years ago and believe it accurately represents the museum original. Why do you think the Drakkar model is the first to be historically accurate?

Unlike the smaller toy-like Billings models, this one is generally of excellent quality. In particular the pre-cut plywood strakes fitted perfectly to the bulkhead/frames and the hull shape appeared magically with minimal need for trimming or adjustment.

Last edited:
Finally, the kit package arrived. Have wanted to build a Viking ship for a long time, but there hasn't been a good historically accurate kit. But now Pavel has put on the market a very nice kit. Have done an initial review of the content and can say that the quality is of a very high class. It will be a real pleasure to start building this model.View attachment 345947View attachment 345948View attachment 345949
Hi Ornholt,
This looks like a good and interesting kit.
I am looking forward to seeing how you build it.
Good luck, I will be following.

Last edited:
I built the 1/25 scale Oseberg from Billings several years ago and believe it accurately represents the museum original. Why do you think the Drakkar model is the first to be historically accurate?

Unlike the smaller toy-like Billings models, this one is generally of excellent quality. In particular the pre-cut plywood strakes fitted perfectly to the bulkhead/frames and the hull shape appeared magically with minimal need for trimming or adjustment.
Ok, you're right. Didn't think of Billing boat. I don't have very good experiences with that brand.

MINE SHOULD ARRIEVE SOON, MAYBE BY CHRISTMAS I HOPE IT IS WELL ON THE WAY. IT IS SIMPLY AMAZING THAT PAVEL. DENIS AND THERE TEAM CAN GET THESE OUT UNDER SOME LIFE THREATING CONDITIONS UNDER CHRIST PLEASE STAY SAFE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DONJ

HI MINE HAS COME IN HOORAY, WONDERFUL FROM PAVEL AND DENIS UNDER BSUCH HORRIBEL CIRCUSTANCES KEEP THE FINGER GOING. MY DAUGHTER IS BRINGING IT OVER TOMORROW, PERFECT TIMING FOR ME WILL START MY LOG AS SOON AS I RECEIVE IT, BTW3 IS THERE A UTUBE OF THIS ONE. GOD BLE4SS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

I don't think there is a Youtube for this model. At least I haven't seen any. Looking forward to following your work on this model.

Back