Build Log: HMS Endeavour Captain Longboat

Jimsky

Staff member

Hello Jeff. The model as she now looks finished. I think if you want to add not even for improvements, for completeness, You can try to rig the boat, You have already built mast, the next step to add spars and stays, or even a sail... How about that?

Will do Jim, thanks. Yes looking into it now, hopefully it will not take too much longer to complete the build. I am looking forward to building the la Toulonnaise from 1823.

Well done Jeff nicely made.
Jim's idea will take it to the next level. Look forward to watching.

Hello everyone,

As you can see, I have opted to modify this build to a 2-masted sliding gunter rig, one of the three different rigs used for this boat. What with my new job, building a rope-walk and redesigning of my workbench, sadly I haven't put much time into the build to date. But on the move again to some degree, building new masts. I wasn't satisfied with the kit sails sooo... consequently one thing led to another as usual, and consequently I decided to make my own sails, and consequently rope making, and consequently modifying the rig style of the vessel to be historically accurate, trying to use the kit sails if I could. Having just tried to make rope today, I was dissapointed at my results, so a lot of practice for me ahead.

All the best during these difficult days to one and all.

14.JPG

Uwek

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

Hello there, finally got around to post some photos of my first project and my work area. It took a long while for me to get to this point in the build ... a lot to learn and very cautious ... once again thanks for the advice and resources, has been invaluable.View attachment 114281
Hallo Jeff,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake