Build Log: HMS Victory - Panart art. 738

Hello Stefan. It is looking very good thus far. I agree time is always on our side when we build and slow is better- something I learned a little late.

Sasha- @Alexander74 is building a Victory(you’ve seen his log) authentically and he is using McKay’s book on the Victory on his build. It will show you the detail planking on the real ship. Probably a good buy.

When I did my second layer I followed @Y.T. Planking, his log shows it well. I did not achieve his pattern (my skills not at his level) and had to change my dropper and stealers. I saw the instructions method is incorrect so did not use it and if you put the first 8 strakes (per instructions) without tapering it creates problems later.

You tube has the Deagostini 1:84. Planking in detail which helped me. I don’t think this is authentic tho.

Merry Christmas and enjoy your building.

Cheers
Grant

Hi all,

Finally making a start with H.M.S. Victory from Panart art. 738. This is the first time for me building a wooden model. I will share my findings and challenges along the way. Hope you enjoy the result till now as much as i do. It will be a slow process but that no problem. Hope to get some feedback along the way.

Detail of the lower deck:
Hallo @StefandeGoede
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your progress on the Victory going?

Hi all,

Finally making a start with H.M.S. Victory from Panart art. 738. This is the first time for me building a wooden model. I will share my findings and challenges along the way. Hope you enjoy the result till now as much as i do. It will be a slow process but that no problem. Hope to get some feedback along the way.

Detail of the lower deck:
Hallo @StefandeGoede
Birthday-Cake

Hi all,

Finally making a start with H.M.S. Victory from Panart art. 738. This is the first time for me building a wooden model. I will share my findings and challenges along the way. Hope you enjoy the result till now as much as i do. It will be a slow process but that no problem. Hope to get some feedback along the
Hallo @StefandeGoede
Birthday-Cake

Back