Build log USF Confederacy 1778 Model Shipways 1:64 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi folks,

what a birthday present!

Just today on my 67th birthday I got my Confederacy FINISHED......

The pictures of the anchor were the last I took from the unfinished model, and in the last days before today there were only some steps left......mounting the rudder, the ship´s boats, the waist rails, the mast stumps, the quarterdeck railings and finally the figurehead as the very last part to be glued in place.

Today, the only remaining work was to make some paint touch-ups on the stern decoration figures and the figurehead.

What I also meanwhile did was to build the showcase.

In the moment I cannot say when I will take the photos for the finished models gallery, but I let you know when it´s done. At least here two pictures as a first impression....

The next model I´m going to build is an AIDA cruiser ship from Revell which was a christmas present from my sons meanwhile a few years ago.....

Always happy modelling.....

Greetings Werner

View attachment 452741

View attachment 452742

View attachment 452743

View attachment 452744

View attachment 452745
Good morning. Beautiful.....congratulations. Happy Birthday. Cheers Grant

Hi folks,

what a birthday present!

Just today on my 67th birthday I got my Confederacy FINISHED......

The pictures of the anchor were the last I took from the unfinished model, and in the last days before today there were only some steps left......mounting the rudder, the ship´s boats, the waist rails, the mast stumps, the quarterdeck railings and finally the figurehead as the very last part to be glued in place.

Today, the only remaining work was to make some paint touch-ups on the stern decoration figures and the figurehead.

What I also meanwhile did was to build the showcase.

In the moment I cannot say when I will take the photos for the finished models gallery, but I let you know when it´s done. At least here two pictures as a first impression....

The next model I´m going to build is an AIDA cruiser ship from Revell which was a christmas present from my sons meanwhile a few years ago.....

Always happy modelling.....

Greetings Werner

View attachment 452741

View attachment 452742

View attachment 452743

View attachment 452744

View attachment 452745
Great looking model. And happy birthday.
Did any body get you a new ship to start?

Great looking model. And happy birthday.
Did any body get you a new ship to start?
Thank you very much!
As I said, the next model - already on the shelf - will be an AIDA cruiser ship, and which ship I will build afterwards I don' t know yet, the choice is large....

Hello fellow-modelers,

Meanwhile I took a series of pictures of the finished model, and I am glad to post them here - I would like to ask Donnie to pass them to the gallery of finished models.

Any remarks, questions and constructive criticism welcome.

Greetings Werner

Confed3.jpg

Confed4.jpg

Confed6.jpg

Confed7.jpg

Confed8.jpg

Confed9.jpg

Confed12.jpg

Confed13.jpg

Confed14.jpg

Confed15.jpg

Confed16.jpg