Build log USF Confederacy 1778 Model Shipways 1:64

Werner, I really like the fine work on the steering wheel. I’ve never thought about adding a grommet (metal ring) to the hole for the rope to go through. It looks like a nice detail. Have you seen an example of that somewhere?
Hello Vic,
thank you for your like and your question.....it was no more than an idea for detailing as there were some pieces left from my Bismarck build, and so I used these parts again on the Confederacy

20221114_152755.jpg

20221114_153103.jpg

Great appearance - I am not a big fan of "painted" models, but with your model it is different
Looking very good
and btw also very good and accurate work - Bravo !

Last edited:
Werner, I agree with the others that your attention to detail is amazing. You have inspired me to do better in the future. Magic Mike
Hello Mike, thank you very much....I just do as described and shown in the building instructions, and I get many inspirations from other build logs. The execution is a matter of workmanship...

Werner, your attention to detail is awesome, everywhere I look I see excellence! Well done.

Werner,
When I look at your ships boats, with envy I might add, I’m so disappointed that the Constitution kit I just purchased is using the pancake or breadboard method of constructing the ships boats. Both kits are Model Shipways kits.
I guess I’ll look for other sources for boats. :(
I’m so jealous :)

Hello WDO, rtibbs,
thank you very much for your appreciation!

I browsed the website of Model Shipways and went through the building instructions of the Constitution, and I asked myself why they chose this method to build the boats. Perhaps they think that this is an easier way than building planks on frames, but how do the finished boats look like without frames? Very strange.....
I wish you success in your efforts to find substitutes.

Back