build the Victory 1: 100 (delPrado) week by week

Terence here .my 1st build log ,started building the victory some 5 years ago then moved into a retirement village everything stopped to much to do here so modelling stopped. Then the pandemic hit us everything closed down luckily our grandson wanted the black pearl which I finally finished about 3 weeks ago. Had a few problems and by chance found ships of scale Tony H helped me a lot so here I am starting to finish the victory. Its not a kit comes weekly and parts come with it. I have attached a couple of photos to show where I am up to.As you can see I have a lot to of planking to go ,Iam up to week 45

IMG_1430.JPGIMG_1431.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1432.JPGIMG_1435.JPGIMG_1436.JPGIMG_1438.JPGIMG_1443.JPG

a very good start with your model and also with the building log - it will be interesting to follow
Do you have already all editions of the series?

day 1 structure 54 this is how the kit arrived parts and how to build the ship.as you can see I have a a lot of planking to go Yes if anyone wants to know weeks structure there is 99 and I have them all, now I will start planking again

vic2.JPGvic1.JPGIMG_1454.JPGIMG_1455.JPGIMG_1456.JPGIMG_1450.JPG

1st day of many started planking today all the fiddle bits I never did 5 years ago when that's finished I can get stuck into some serious planking so you will not here from me for a few days. One thing I will need a lot of help on is the color decided not to have copperplate on so if anyone can help me I would most grateful, put a couple of photos when I plank sometimes tur upside down

IMG_1457.JPGIMG_1458.JPGIMG_1459.JPGIMG_1460.JPGIMG_1461.JPGIMG_1462.JPGIMG_1463.JPG

Terence here .my 1st build log ,started building the victory some 5 years ago then moved into a retirement village everything stopped to much to do here so modelling stopped. Then the pandemic hit us everything closed down luckily our grandson wanted the black pearl which I finally finished about 3 weeks ago. Had a few problems and by chance found ships of scale Tony H helped me a lot so here I am starting to finish the victory. Its not a kit comes weekly and parts come with it. I have attached a couple of photos to show where I am up to.As you can see I have a lot to of planking to go ,Iam up to week 45
Hallo @terence
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Do you have any update of your project? would be interesting to see

Thank you yes I have done plenty of planking on the victory but do not know how to log on per week 1-2-2 etc plus pic would be glad of instructions
Easy to do
Just write in a new post like #10 and add via the button at the bottom "Attach files" the photos - finaly press "Post reply" and an update was made

new post #2 Thanks for the birthday greeting have done a lot of planking since my last post . have decided not to double plank as I will be painting the hull so will be filling small gaps before sanding

20211128_163650 (1).jpg

20211128_163720 (1).jpg

20211128_163748 (1).jpg

20211204_103524 (1).jpg

20211204_103548 (1).jpg

26-april Finally finished planking the hull decided not to double plank as I am going to paint the hull picture show's what I have completed at this date. how I got there is following

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

26-april Finally finished planking the hull decided not to double plank as I am going to paint the hull picture show's what I have completed at this date. how I got there is following

View attachment 305276

View attachment 305277

View attachment 305278

View attachment 305279
Good morning Terence. The challenge of the Victory. I don’t know if the kit provide the wales. These are strakes along the hull, where the the black is painted. They where included in the build of ships to add strength to the hull. These make a huge difference to the look of the model.

I enjoy your deck and the tree nails. The copper color below the waterline fits really well. Happy modeling. Cheers Grant

Morning Grant as you can see I am not building our model as per instructions if you look at structure 68 (wales ) I think here they have called them decorative borders

Morning Grant as you can see I am not building our model as per instructions if you look at structure 68 (wales ) I think here they have called them decorative borders
Ahh the beauty of modelers choice - I have to give it up to you as the 100 scale is small. I’m doing the 1:78 scale and battle enough with that. Well done and have fun Terence. Cheers

Back